Things about your co-workers that annoy you

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1424484_10151993963722118_1714810662_n.jpg

Irregardless.

In my field, 0.1 means it's safe for me to go in the machine shop. In the case of 0.100, I may be getting beat with titanium bar stock.
You should come work with me for a day. High-precision GPS, taking readings down to 0.01' ft.. and I don't bother to plumb the rod. A lot of my staking work, +/- 5 FEET is good enough.

I was just quoting their number as a reference. Our tolerances are +/- 0.002" but, different line of work etc. I don't have to make it anyway, I just draw it.
Oh yeah, fully understand.

My boss started his career out of college at an agricultural equipment manufacturer. He was put in charge of setting up their own hydraulic cylinder department, so he was used to working with pretty tight tolerances. (Maybe not quite as tight as what you're dealing with, but on the same order)

The first project he worked on with me, we were working on a 7-mile long drainage ditch, and trying to get the design centerline to match the original design (hand-drawn in 1903). He was getting pretty pissed that we weren't getting the alignment lengths to match up as good as he thought we should. I think we broke his brain a little bit when we looked at it and said "You're only off 100 ft? Hell, that's pretty good! Run with it!"

The first project he worked on with me, we were working on a 7-mile long drainage ditch, and trying to get the design centerline to match the original design (hand-drawn in 1903). He was getting pretty pissed that we weren't getting the alignment lengths to match up as good as he thought we should. I think we broke his brain a little bit when we looked at it and said "You're only off 100 ft? Hell, that's pretty good! Run with it!"

Impressive! In 1903 they probably never checked to see how far off they were and who knows how much they may have rounded up or down. :mug:

So far every one is here today and doing what they are supposed to be focused on.

Impressive! In 1903 they probably never checked to see how far off they were and who knows how much they may have rounded up or down. :mug:

So far every one is here today and doing what they are supposed to be focused on.
Actually, for the equipment they had at the time, they were AMAZINGLY accurate. The 100' error came in due to the channel eroding and changing its own path over the following century.

I have scaled a distance on a 1910 plat, measured the distance on the ground, stuck a probe in the ground and hit the tile I was looking for on the first try. I don't question their work one bit.

Then again, I've got a guy on my shift that can't pronounce anything correctly, so I kinda know how it feels.

I used to work very closely with a sales guy that over the span of maybe 3 years, never once pronounced my last name correctly.

This, despite the fact that he heard me pronounce my own name countless times, as well as many other people in the office pronounce it correctly. Somehow he couldn't do it.

(No cultural/linguistic differences at the root of this either, which I would fully understand given the multicultural workplace I'm in... Nope, he's a white American male...)

I used to work very closely with a sales guy that over the span of maybe 3 years, never once pronounced my last name correctly.

I also have co-workers that, in nearly 6 years of working together, still misspell my last name every single time it comes up in an email or the office newsletter, even when it shows up multiple times in an email they're responding to.

It's not worth trying to correct them anymore.

There's a lady here from sales that will try to hide, then talk on her cell phone for an hour at a time. It's like a fat guy trying to hide behind a flag pole though. She will go into an unused office with the light off... stand behind a shrub... lock herself in a bathroom... If she can't see you, she assumes you can't see or hear her.

I'm not sure why they hire, or even keep some of these people.

I've just listened to a co-worker talk to a cricket in his office for the last 30 minutes.
#drugsarebad

Our 60 year old graphic designer (yeah... wtf is right) talks to herself all day and randomly lets out a maniacal cackle. Place is creepy man.

I work at a federal facility. Been getting a lot of phone calls from robo-dialing mother fudgers lately. So I made an appointment for an alarm installation inspection for noon the following day (I'd be off) for my building. I figured when they rolled up to the huge building with barb wire and security guards, they'd roll away. I got a phone call at my home the following day. They wanted to know if they should come out to my residence and rattled off my address. I gave them all truthful answers to their questions, "Do you own the home you're currently living in? How long have you lived there, etc.?" I just gave them a false last name. I guess one of my co-workers was a little too generous with my personal info...
In retrospect, I guess I was just screwing one of their contract employees, not the company making the calls. Now, I'll just keep them on the line as long as possible. It's a little easier to do when you're getting paid for your time.

I spend an ungodly amount of time on conference calls - and i get a lot of heavy breathers and lots of other mouth noises on the calls. It drives me crazy.

I spend an ungodly amount of time on conference calls - and i get a lot of heavy breathers and lots of other mouth noises on the calls. It drives me crazy.

we had someone flush a toilet (not on mute) on a conference call once... Oh then there was the lady with the cat meowing like crazy on a team call.

I've a coworker who is offended by damned near anything, but instead of saying something to you, they'll just go to the supervisor or even straight to HR & file a complaint. I really hate people like that.
Regards, GF.

I worked with a guy in SD & WY that tried at two different companies to get me fired for my throat tattoo. he said that the eyeballs in the skulls depicted the living dead which in turn was satanic and he was offended by it. HR at both places told him there was nothing they could or would do about it. he was one of those that used HR as a revenge tool. this is the "satanic" tattoo.

Picture 139.jpg

Picture 140.jpg

Picture 138.jpg

I worked with a guy in SD & WY that tried at two different companies to get me fired for my throat tattoo. he said that the eyeballs in the skulls depicted the living dead which in turn was satanic and he was offended by it. HR at both places told him there was nothing they could or would do about it. he was one of those that used HR as a revenge tool. this is the "satanic" tattoo.

It's the Debil! Cletus git me the Holy Water!

People like that make me want to show up at their front door...

f37.jpg

Back