Things about your co-workers that annoy you

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No doubt been mentioned before, but classless donkeys who come to work sick and leave innocent bystanders laid out on a couch for 3 days straight feeling the cool embrace of Death's Touch without pay because said employment does not offer sick time.

No doubt been mentioned before, but classless donkeys who come to work sick and leave innocent bystanders laid out on a couch for 3 days straight feeling the cool embrace of Death's Touch without pay because said employment does not offer sick time.

I don't know. I'd put that one on your company, not the employee. They'd probably stay home of they could afford to.

I don't know. I'd put that one on your company, not the employee. They'd probably stay home of they could afford to.

Good point. However the company also has the power to say "You're not well, go home." Instead, they stick with the mentality "You're out at the jobsite, I'm at the office. I'm not getting infected."

We had one part-time accountant who burned every hour of sick leave she accrued on chiropracter appointments and stuff like that. She worked 7 AM - 2 PM, and would always schedule chiro (or dr, or any other) appointments for 1:00. So, when she did get sick, she had ZERO sick leave.

So she came to the office and shared.

We had one part-time accountant who burned every hour of sick leave she accrued on chiropracter appointments and stuff like that. She worked 7 AM - 2 PM, and would always schedule chiro (or dr, or any other) appointments for 1:00. So, when she did get sick, she had ZERO sick leave.

So she came to the office and shared.

That's stupid

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Mandatory lunch meeting scheduled.

Lunch not provided.

I'd include meetings scheduled for 1/2 an hour, right before lunch, that end up running for 1-1/2 hours. I don't care if your "lunch" usually consists of a granola bar at your desk, how about ordering a couple pizzas for the rest of us?

The whiner who darkens the doorway whenever he feels like complaining (daily) and has virtually zero awareness of verbal and nonverbal social cues to GTFO.

Having to work in an office with a heavy-set person who smells less than clean. Having someone in your office that rattles bags of food on a daily basis. I guess they can't smell - or hear??? WTF

The whiner who darkens the doorway whenever he feels like complaining (daily) and has virtually zero awareness of verbal and nonverbal social cues to GTFO.

This! Stands there bitching incessantly for hours on end and then has the nerve to complain about being behind. :smack:

Not sure if it has already been posted or not but the One Upper. Why do random office folk you hardly talk to feel the need to come into the conversation at the end, and the pick it up with their "Version" of your story but they did it better or more. How ever the story goes.

Not sure if it has already been posted or not but the One Upper. Why do random office folk you hardly talk to feel the need to come into the conversation at the end, and the pick it up with their "Version" of your story but they did it better or more. How ever the story goes.

I got this monger all because I guy bought a 15 cu ft glass door fridge and was telling everyone he had 10 six packs in it.

I smiled said it was nice.... NICE it's AWESOME...what do you have?

WELL:D

A couple... Showing up to every meeting 5 to 10 min late and my coworker that always shows up at least 30 min late and leaves early. Sometimes working two hrs less than the rest of us.

I have another one. Our front office sent out a list of their list of priorities. There was a column in there showing how high of a priority each entry was. Lo and behold they are all marked as "High". What the heck is the point of including a priority level if you are not going to at least prioritize any of the 20 projects. I am sure at least one of them is more of a medium or low priority.

I have another one. Our front office sent out a list of their list of priorities. There was a column in there showing how high of a priority each entry was. Lo and behold they are all marked as "High". What the heck is the point of including a priority level if you are not going to at least prioritize any of the 20 projects. I am sure at least one of them is more of a medium or low priority.

when everything is sacred, nothing is

No, I'm not going to follow the agency's PR twitter account. I don't need your propaganda every five minutes and I sure as Hell don't want HR or my boss twitter-stalking me.

I really hate if for ya'll, but this thread is entertaining and it makes me appreciate my job. btw I have had jobs where a lot of these complaints apply. My favorite is the construction boss who gets mad when you're late, but he's late half the time, leaving you and your crew standing around awkwardly at the site trying to look busy

I hate it when my coworkers stink up the restroom(s) & then leave the fan off & the door open so the stink drifts through the building. Then there's the hairspray, I'm beginning to think the women in this building are responsible for the hole in the ozone. Now imagine these 2 things combined. Sometimes I toss empty (freshly emptied) sardine & herring cans in strategically located trash cans to get even. Muahahahahaha!

not a co-worker, rather a customer and their IT guy annoyance:

customer:
yeah, IT Mike was in here on April the 5ᵀᴴ. he installed a backup program on the server.

me:
hmm... I probably could have guessed that. because, by what I am sure is a complete coincidence, April 5ᵀᴴ is the absolute last time the backup actually ran on the server, and it backed up exactly 2 things: jack & sh*t.

Sounds familiar. I had a situation to that last week.

Boss: "Can you check your Outlook for any emails about [project from last year]?"
Me: *Looking through old emails* "I had them at one point in time, but my archive is missing a bunch of emails from that time period."
Boss: "Oh yeah, Kim (from IT) said not to archive our emails anymore because they tend to disappear from the server."
Me: "Oh. Well then, no, I don't have any more emails about that job."

What's the purpose of having an archive function if it doesn't actually hang onto the old emails?

My coworker can be very annoying. he doesn't believe stuff you tell him that everyone already knows about.

example:

After the Boston bombing the police locked down the city and was searching door to door. everyone knew this.
Me: "wow can you believe the entire city of Boston is on lock down right now"
him: "what are you talking about? i don't believe you"
Me: "what...... havent you been watching the news"
him " no i dont watch TV and i think your exaggerating or making things up"
Me "ok......." (walks away)

My coworker can be very annoying. he doesn't believe stuff you tell him that everyone already knows about.

example:

After the Boston bombing the police locked down the city and was searching door to door. everyone knew this.
Me: "wow can you believe the entire city of Boston is on lock down right now"
him: "what are you talking about? i don't believe you"
Me: "what...... havent you been watching the news"
him " no i dont watch TV and i think your exaggerating or making things up"
Me "ok......." (walks away)
One of the captains on my fire department is that way. Good firefighter, idiot in the rest of the world. We had an incident last weekend with one of our guys not knowing how to drive the tanker, (15 speed Eaton-Fuller gearbox, 5 speed high/low range with granny low as well) so chief had another captain go over it with everyone. Said captain used to drive truck for a living, and still is a truck driver for the national guard. He knows his way around truck. As he was explaining that we basically *never* need the granny low range, Dave is arguing with him... "I don't think that's right". (With the load we haul on that truck, a decent operator can pull away from a standing stop in 3rd low - an inexperienced operator like myself can start in 1st low with no problems. If we need granny low, something went wrong.)

A guy on a different shift than me has the biggest heart, but possibly the smallest brain. Here's a couple things he has said.
1. His little watchman portable tv worked better when we got 3G.
2. He hoped the storm in North Carolina didn't blow back to us in KY. (We just experienced that storm from two days earlier. Guess he thought the jet stream might change directions.)
3. His wife left their GMC Yukon running for a couple hours since she locked her keys in it. By the time he got home to unlock it the windows were so hot you couldn't touch them, and the spark plugs were burnt up. Cost him $1500 to have them replaced. (Not sure how that works. The most I've ever paid for plugs was $8 each.)

The woman I work with who constantly asks me "Can I ask you a question?". I think I may start saying "Sure" and walk away. The only reason I haven't started yet is she's hot!

Mine always says "hey, I got a quessin fo ya." Axe would be too much. He isn't young enough to be in that group. Of course he's been there for a year longer than I've been alive, and I've been there for four years. I'm almost 32. He started asking me questions about our process after I had been on shift about six months. Not like a pop quiz. Actual questions about how something ran. Ridiculous!

The woman I work with who constantly asks me "Can I ask you a question?". I think I may start saying "Sure" and walk away. The only reason I haven't started yet is she's hot!
My default response to that one is "Didn't give me much choice there, did ya?"

No, the correct action is to permit the hot girl to ask or say whatever the hell she wants. Always.
Ah, but if you use the right tone of voice, and crack a little smile while you say it, it's not condescending, but a fun lighthearted jab that may or may not be able to be considered flirting. Or just having fun with a coworker, depending on office policies :)

Latest posts

Back