The World Cup Approacheth

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's Gaaaaaaaammmmmmeeeeee Time! Viva Espana!

96%20Smoking%20Hot%20Spanish%20Soccer%20Fan%20in%20Red.jpg

dayum :rockin:

That was a terrific match yesterday! It was a real treat to see individual flair triumph over Germany's mono style efficiency. :)

Whatever the result in the final, it was a GREAT call by Ubermick. The Spanish almost always look promising, and have always had good talent in the team. But in the past, they have always been notorious bottlers when it comes to the big games.

I'm looking forward now to a final in which I can be happy for either outcome. Whatever happens, it will be a new name on the cup, and fully deserved by the winner. The final stages of this competition have been outstanding. :)

Rooney looked a lot worse as a kid. Like a smurf with head handles. Now he is just plain. I thought it a bit harsh too. You have to remember the theme of that site.....You can only get in if you are pretty and vain enough.......Bunch of wankers if you ask me. ;)

Rooney looked a lot worse as a kid. Like a smurf with head handles. Now he is just plain. I thought it a bit harsh too. You have to remember the theme of that site.....You can only get in if you are pretty and vain enough.......Bunch of wankers if you ask me. ;)
I dunno....

rooney-vs-shrek.jpg

Although while Rooney has a face like a smacked arse, Ribery and Carlos Tevez have to give him a run for his money in the World Cup minging race.

The sad thing being is that no matter how hard you fell out of the ugly tree, if you're a professional footballer, you still land hotties:

wayne-coleen.JPG

riberycup.jpg

album_large_228294.jpg

Vanessa Tevez went dramatically downhill tho since they had their kid (I think he's dumped her and shacked up with another model - my wife is obsessed with the whole "who's dating who" crap).

I can only assume these ladies love them for their... erm, fantastic personalities.

I hear it's gonna hurt like a *****, when I sneeze. When I sneeze it's picked up on the rikter scale normally. So it's not going to be fun.

Just capped off a vicodin with a bomber of Stone smoked porter. So I should pass out soon. Too bad I couldn't actuall detect any smoke in the beer.

Not always true. I busted my nose. Bad enough that I had reconstructive surgery on it (which is why I'm so damned pretty now) and I never got black eyes. Nor a nosebleed.

Good luck on the nose, Rev. Did you have to have it set?

Not sure who to root for, my favs are all out of the tournament.

Let's see...

Netherlaands vs Spain

Night life - tie

women - quite different but equally great - tie

Cuisine - Spain, not even close

societal norms - Netherlands, not even close

beer - neither is outstanding, advantage to Netherlands because of the fondness for Belgians

History - both dominant world powers at one point - tie

this exercise didn't help one bit

Not sure who to root for, my favs are all out of the tournament.

Let's see...

Netherlaands vs Spain

Night life - tie

women - quite different but equally great - tie

Cuisine - Spain, not even close

societal norms - Netherlands, not even close

beer - neither is outstanding, advantage to Netherlands because of the fondness for Belgians

History - both dominant world powers at one point - tie

this exercise didn't help one bit

I'll be happy for either team to win if they play well and deserve it. This makes a change, because usually it is a matter of who I want to lose the most. :cross:

So, can I go back to hating soccer now? :D

Thanks, Steven Colbert ;)

No, what you should do is support your regional MLS club... you have two to choose from starting next season with either Portland or Vancouver.

I'll make the speil I made earlier in the thread: support your local or regional club. Hell, find a club in another league you like. Take time to learn the sport and appreciate it and encourage others to do so as well. Come 2014 you'll have helped create a larger fan-base, especially important for Team USA. "The final frontier of football" getting into the sport can finally make it a true world-wide sport. Yes, America is a part of the world... scary. :D

Going to be doing my part by going to an LA match here soon.

I'm extra sad there's no more WC action to be had... guess I'm going to have to start marking my calendar for international friendlies. Plus the CONCACAF Cup prelims start soon! YAY

Thanks to everyone who contributed and had fun on this thread. I'll make a "Soccer/Football Trashtalk Thread" if anybody is interested.

No black eyes, little or no swelling. See the ENT guy later in the week. Slept like crap on my back. Woke up to a power outtage in my GF's neighborhood. Word was it wasn't going to be restored til well into match time. So we decided to go to my vintage Base Ball Game, even though I wasn't going to ump. I heard the results driving back, and started crying for joy.

So all can say is VIVA ESPANA!!!!

spain.jpg

The repeat of the game is on, but since I know nothing's gonna happen in regular time, I will probably just switch back and forth.

Back