The Walking dead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, the walkers seem to notice any difference, so any stoppage is bull****. However, to finally see Sam get it, Jessie's composite character get it just like in the comics (sorta) and Ron ("Porch-Dick Jr.") take Michonne's sword was awesome.

Overall, great episode! Good to see Negan's group get blown the **** up like I thought, just not when I thought.

Also, was NOT expecting Carl to get his eye shot out here! Can't wait to see how they play this out the rest of the time!

Agreed, good episode. Ron and Sam won't be missed. It was also nice to see Fr. Gabriel finally find his balls.

My only real criticism was when Daryl did the lake of fire, I couldn't help but think "now, if you'd done this at the quarry in the first place, none of this even would've happened!" :D

That was one of the best episodes of the series

It was one of the best if not the best Episode of any Show on TV ever!

Perfect timing, editing, acting, directing every friggin' second of it...

I am still speechless. So EPIC! Unbelievable well executed.

It takes a lot to "draw me into the story", that I won't see the crew, the screenplay, the editing somewhere in the back of my head...

barely impossible for a TV Show to achieve this. Yet, they did.

I draw my hat! This was so worth the wait. And Daryl Dixon is obv. the coolest, most bad ass Valentines date ever!

Don't the first few seasons seem better and the last few seem boring, predictable and watered down when u do that?

The first seasons were great but I think that is due to the fact that it was new and shiny at that point in time. I still really enjoy the show but I think it has lost it's nuance, not necessarily that it is boring or predictable.

But I'm in agreement with everyone else here, last night's episode was amazing...

Was on the fence about continuing to watch.I started watching with the first episode. I was ready to cash in if this season wasn't good.Well alrighty then. I'm back in.That was great.Oh yeah. You'll put your eye out.

After watching just the opening 5 minutes with the Negan bunch, I just knew this would be one of the greatest episodes of all time. Did you all get that feeling right off? It was like, thank heavens, maybe this isn't going to be such a terrible season after all. Maybe they just needed to put us through all the junk of the first half of the season to get us to the awesomeness of the second half now.

...However, to finally see Sam get it, Jessie's composite character get it just like in the comics (sorta) and Ron ("Porch-Dick Jr.") take Michonne's sword was awesome...

All I could think during that scene was, that's why you don't date women with kids.

Amazing stuff, a great sort of reminder of exactly why I watch this show, for the rollercoaster ride from hope to despair and back again.

So...anyone want to speculate on the likelihood of Daryl meeting the business end of Lucille after the RPG stunt against Negan's guys?

Great Episode...but they seemed to be moving through the horde of zombies way too easily...heck they had conversations while surrounded by them. It kinda rules out the chance in future episodes of being "trapped" by them anymore. Just kill one, cover yourself in zombie guts and stroll to the next secure place.

Wow, I guess I'm the minority here. I thought it was a fine episode, but best or anything like that? Eh. Even last season the original Wolves attack was a lot better in my opinion.

I thought it was pretty awesome. I really enjoyed the episode. Im still in awe that Coral got his eye blown off. I was waiting for it all to revert back to the beginning of the episode and the whole thing be a bad dream... but it didnt...

When Coral turned around though, the only thing that I could think of was
d8-qyS.gif

Why the hell didn't they just drag the stupid kid, or pick him up? Why was it dark? How come it took so long to get out of town?

WTF?

They shoulda put a blindfold on him. And maybe earplugs. Or what I would have done, a plastic bag over his head, cinched at the neck.

Rick's baby girl must have been looking at that kid and thinking, "what a baby!"

Why was it dark?

They talked about this on The Talking Dead - they shot these episodes in the middle of summer, so they only had a few hours of darkness each day. Most of the episode was supposed to be set at night, so really, people should be asking "Why was it light so much?"

;)

Agreed that was awesome. I'm sure somebody will come in here and complain about some aspect of it but that was as good as any episode from any season.

I'll do it. First problem is why did it take sooo long (day til nite) for them to drive that tanker truck back? Why is it wrong for everyone to go off without a plan but when Rick does it he's a great leader? F. Gabriel!

I guess we're gonna be stuck in that village for another season. I like it better when they are on the road. They need to find an island. I think Carol and Coral are the only two left from the Quarry, 1st season.

My biggest question about the whole Sam thing is what happened to him yelling "Mom" as soon as they walked out the door like he did at the mid season finale? Wasn't it still sunny out and you could still see the porch when he started yelling "Mom". Then the first episode after the break they make it a long way from the house and it is dark before he does it. Did I miss something, or did the show mess that up?

They talked about this on The Talking Dead - they shot these episodes in the middle of summer, so they only had a few hours of darkness each day. Most of the episode was supposed to be set at night, so really, people should be asking "Why was it light so much?"

;)

that sort of set me off... really...
I had this really ugly ****** smirk on my face when they talked about that.

Shoot night scenes in Germany or even better England in the summer time! It does not get dark until 10:30 / 11 pm... you really only have 5.5 to 6 hours to shoot and yes... TV series, Commercials and Movies are shot in Europe in Summer being staged at night time...

that was a poor excuse...

given what else was going on in that episode I was gladly overlooking that fact until they talked about it making such a ***** fuzz over the few hours of darkness and while they did that, I realized the other thing that was going on in all episodes of this season: the never resolved cliff hangers...

Still - I stand by what I said. It is merely impossible to get my brain to look at a TV Show/movie like a "normal" person, being captured like a normal viewer, not analyzing what and how they did what I am seeing...

and since this episode totally achieved this: five stars and an extra digestive on the house!

EDIT: haha... this board has a automated "beep" word detection.. I did not put stars there ;) I used another word for "cat"

Back