The Walking dead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I knew she was alive, too! You can't just say a character is dead with no explanation. Totally saw the Andrea/Governor thing coming a mile away. I thought the only down side to the episode was the phone calls being all in Rick's head.

Great episode
ricks pshycotic break, being used as a plot device, was pretty meh.
but carol being found
Michone kicking ass, and showing up to the group with formula
glenn and maggie captured
andrea being andrea and hunting the most pewerful ding dong in the room

good episode, I think next week will get epic

Oh and Andrea is now my new Lorrie. If my partner told me this new place that we were holding up in was shady I would absolutely take her word and bounce out of there. Not hang out and say oh your stupid.

I think the reason she wasn't more disliked is because Lorrie was around, but with her gone, Andrea has taken the top spot. For me, Andrea has always held the second spot with Lorrie in first as the irritating character of the series. I've disliked her for quite some time, she's always acting like she has something to prove.

andrea being andrea and hunting the most pewerful ding dong in the room

Literally.

Onto last night's show....I can't believe Glenn and Maggie let Merle overtake them and hold her hostage! I hope that Merle's reappearance doesn't cause Daryl to change for the worse.

I could totally see Daryl killing Merle. I was really excited that Michonne found the prison. Especially because she brought the baby formula. As a new father I'm very concerned about the safety and well being of baby ass kicker.

I could totally see Daryl killing Merle. I was really excited that Michonne found the prison. Especially because she brought the baby formula. As a new father I'm very concerned about the safety and well being of baby ass kicker.
SPOILER ALERT:
if the use the baby like they did in the comics youll be crying by seasons end.

I'm thinking the same thing. They are two completely different personalities now, and Darryl is definitely not going to be happy when he finds out about what Merle did to his friends.

Does anyone know how many episodes we have left this season?

I don't know how many are left, but i am pretty sure they're doing the 'mid-season' break again and starting back up in like February.

I don't know how many are left, but i am pretty sure they're doing the 'mid-season' break again and starting back up in like February.

That was episode 6, there's two more til the break.

The Walking Dead Season 3 Will Be Broken In Two

by Ryan Turek
August 10, 2012

Much like last season, AMC has determined the best strategy to roll out The Walking Dead season 3 is to break it in half.

The 16-episode run will kick off on October 14th and run for eight episodes before taking a brief break then resuming the rest of the season in early 2013.

Series creator Robert Kirkman tweeted today that work officially wrapped on the mid-season finale. I wonder what kind of "cliffhanger" they have in store this time.

Doubt it will happen in any kind of simliar way, but I think in the comics Lori and the baby were crushed by a piece of building or a rock and died instantly, after the Governor and his crew stormed the Prison gates with those Army trucks during a shoot off.

I "think" that Daryl, Rick, and Michonne (and maybe the inmates) will enter Woodbury like Bloodthirsty Ninja Assassins to rescue Glenn & Maggie (minus a hand on Glenn or Daryl in the process). Merle will kill someone important (maybe Maggie, Oscar, Axel) and then Daryl will kill Merle. Andrea will probably take part in killing the Governor eventually after she learns of his true nature; perhaps with the help of Michonne by feeding him to his daughter. But Andrea may be killed by the Governor too, which would be nice. Milton may join the group after the Governor's death. Rick's leadership role may be on hiatus for awhile until he proves mentally capable once again.

Doubt it will happen in any kind of simliar way, but I think in the comics Lori and the baby were crushed by a piece of building or a rock and died instantly, after the Governor and his crew stormed the Prison gates with those Army trucks during a shoot off.

I "think" that Daryl, Rick, and Michonne (and maybe the inmates) will enter Woodbury like Bloodthirsty Ninja Assassins to rescue Glenn & Maggie (minus a hand on Glenn or Daryl in the process). Merle will kill someone important (maybe Maggie, Oscar, Axel) and then Daryl will kill Merle. Andrea will probably take part in killing the Governor eventually after she learns of his true nature; perhaps with the help of Michonne by feeding him to his daughter. But Andrea may be killed by the Governor too, which would be nice. Milton may join the group after the Governor's death. Rick's leadership role may be on hiatus for awhile until he proves mentally capable once again.

I agree that Rick will have a hard time making decisions no matter what he does from now on, all he did before was listen to Lori and try to play hero. With the baby around who knows. I think this next episode will probably prove that the show is the telenovela that most people are glumly expecting. Getting eaten by zombies is easy to put in a show, but when you have to torture or kill main characters by other people I'm not sure they have the guts to do it.

I'm curious if anything will be too fast paced or too slow paced. A lot happened in this last episode and a couple of things seemed rushed (michonne finding the prison, Merle putting the gun to Maggie and demanding transport).

Great episode! Andrea is such a dumb whore....they should show her tits at least.

So the zombies weren't attacking Machone because she was covered in zombie blood or because she has super voodoo magical zombie taming powers?

Glen and Maggie getting captured even though they both had guns drawn on Merle was a little over the top. They should have had him surprised them from their flank to make it more believable.

Spoiler alert: I have put huntingohio on ignore.

Ha its hard to tell this story is pretty far away from the comics. Only thing they have had in common are characters and locations.

I think it was because she was covered in guts and blood, like in season 1. when they used that trick to sneak past a streetful of walkers.

I'm getting ready for the war between woodbury and the prison, you know its going to happen it's just a matter of when.

huntingohio said:
Ha its hard to tell this story is pretty far away from the comics. Only thing they have had in common are characters and locations.

I think it was because she was covered in guts and blood, like in season 1. when they used that trick to sneak past a streetful of walkers.

I'm getting ready for the war between woodbury and the prison, you know its going to happen it's just a matter of when.

La la la la la..... Can't hear you.... Just stop typing, please.

Who fvcking cares about the comics?????

Anyone who wants a good read, I wait till they come out in trades and buy the whole story.
You seem very biased against comics, I'm sure the comic didnt touch you no no button or something. Just relax, me liking the comics or knowing what happened in them dosnt hurt you in anyway

not really it has alot of the same base characters and plot elements, it would seem you havent read too deep into them.
They are also written by the same person, giving you an idea of whats to come, despite Nicotero [sp?] and other T.V. style writers being involved.

Its kind of like reading the book and watching the movie, its all relavant, and the book goes into more detail. The only difference is that Kirkman wanted to tweak the show enough so that fans of the comic wouldnt become bored of the show.

Anything more annoying than someone telling you they read the book and it's way different from the movie and the book is way better? Actually yes, doing it throughout TV series that was originally a comic AND throwing in spoilers just to prove you actually read the comic. Good for you; we're impressed.

Anything more annoying than someone telling you they read the book and it's way different from the movie and the book is way better? Actually yes, doing it throughout TV series that was originally a comic AND throwing in spoilers just to prove you actually read the comic. Good for you; we're impressed.

Thank you. My thoughts exactly. If you have read the comics, good for you. Keep your mouth shut.

And if they do, why not start another thread? Then you can talk about everything you want and not have to worry about possibly spoiling it for us that just have enough time to keep up with the show.

Wow, you sir win the internet for most uppity post of the day
Yes generally, I have read the book, and yes generally the book is better than the movie or show. They can write more detail in something that takes hours to read than something it takes a half hour to watch. They have to spoon feed you every detail in a tv show or movie that they dont have to in a book. I dont like something thats meant for the least common denominator. I'm sorry you don't like to read, what a tragic waste it is to see a mind go to no use.

I'm not trying to impress you or anyone, thinking others do things to impress you is overly narcisisstic.

I read the comics too.. and enjoy them quite a lot.. so nothing to do with enjoyment of reading.. But I do hate "spoiler alerts" in threads. No one that is a fan of the show and might not read comics needs to hear about what might happened based on a comic book foreshadowing from several episodes away.

Thank you. My thoughts exactly. If you have read the comics, good for you. Keep your mouth shut.

This is how I feel when someone mentions Coopers. If you have brewed with (or worse -continue to brew with) Coopers, good for you. Now keep your mouth shut. Haha just kidding. Not really. But I do wish we could block all posts with specific words in them. Seems like you would choose Comics while others would choose Spoiler.

Alright, everyone just needs to ****ing mellow out here. We're all on the same team, so let's quit fighting amongst ourselves. You know what happens when we start fighting amongst themselves, someone wanders off pissed off, and gets bit. Then they try to hide it and go back to the group, then turn and **** everyone else up. So CHILL OUT BREATHERS!!!!

B0572_ZenZombie_L.jpg

:)

On a point of realism....I've never heard anyone refer to the walkers as zombies! WTF! If I were there, I would totally be calling them zombies ALL the frooking time!......If it lurches like a zombie, moans like a zombie....Then it's a flicking zombie!!

On an Off Topic note, I'm really pissed off at wifey. Ever since the new series started I have checked On Demand and asked her every now and then "Wanna catch up with the zombies?" She refused in favour of some of the other shows were are following. Finally I decide not to ask her and put on the first episode of the season anyway and the first to episodes had been taken down!! Beeeatch!! ...............I made up for it by doing a catch up marathon from ep. 3.......Did I miss much in those first two episodes?

Laughing_Gnome_Invisible said:
On an Off Topic note, I'm really pissed off at wifey. Ever since the new series started I have checked On Demand and asked her every now and then "Wanna catch up with the zombies?" She refused in favour of some of the other shows were are following. Finally I decide not to ask her and put on the first episode of the season anyway and the first to episodes had been taken down!! Beeeatch!! ...............I made up for it by doing a catch up marathon from ep. 3.......Did I miss much in those first two episodes?

Not a lot. They find the prison and clear it out, Hershel loses a leg, Michonne and Andrea chase a helicopter and get captured.

Laughing_Gnome_Invisible said:

Google projectfreetv the walking dead. Stream every episode. New ones are streamed on mondays!

And if they do, why not start another thread? Then you can talk about everything you want and not have to worry about possibly spoiling it for us that just have enough time to keep up with the show.

To be fair, the thread title is not "The Walking Dead TV Show", it's "The Walking Dead". Many of us have read the comics and are enjoying the show and have enjoyed comparing the two which is a perfectly reasonable thing to talk about. There have been some very interesting departures from the comic.

If I've ruined anything for anyone I'm sorry, I've always tried to be conscious about not ruining anything before it happens and trying to only comment on the differences (e.g. That's not how Lori died in the comics vs Hate Lori? She'll die soon!).

To be fair, the thread title is not "The Walking Dead TV Show", it's "The Walking Dead". Many of us have read the comics and are enjoying the show and have enjoyed comparing the two which is a perfectly reasonable thing to talk about. There have been some very interesting departures from the comic.

If I've ruined anything for anyone I'm sorry, I've always tried to be conscious about not ruining anything before it happens and trying to only comment on the differences (e.g. That's not how Lori died in the comics vs Hate Lori? She'll die soon!).

LOL

The first post in the thread was:

Who else is pumped for the walking dead and home brew for tonight

To be fair, anyone that says they thought that this thread was about the comics is being purposely obtuse.

Carry on.

All the fighting about comics and TV, you'd think some people were already "turning".

I think things are getting predictable. You know Michonne will tell the others about Glen and Maggie and Woodbury. They'll scout the town or assault it. Or in a twist, woodbury might assault the jail first. I think someone else actually stated everything they thought earlier which was along the lines of my thoughts after last nights episode.

Back