The upgrade version of STC-1000: Fahrenheit Display, More Easy Setting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We are a home automation brand operating around the globe. We specialize in thermostat and lighting control system products. According to Home brewer’s demand, we upgrade and improve STC-1000 into ITC-1000F, which can display both Fahrenheit and Celsius and more easy to set. What’s more, we provide ITC-2000 which has alarm output and PID temp controller ITC-100 series. More controllers are coming soon.

The following are our hot sale temp controllers:
1. ITC-1000F All-Purpose Digital Temperature Controller
It’s an upgraded STC-1000, the main features are as bellow:
  • Fahrenheit and Celsius Display Can Be Choose
  • More User-friendly Operating
  • Two Relays, switch Between Cooling and Heating Modes
  • Control the Temperature by Setting the Temperature Set Value and the Difference Value
  • Temperature Calibrating
  • Refrigerating control output delay protection
  • Alarm When Temperature Exceeds the Limit or When Sensor Error
More detail, please visit our Amazon store:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OXPE8U6

2. ITC-2000 Relay and Alarm Output Digital Temperature Controller

Be relative to two output relays of ITC-1000, ITC-2000 has one output relay and one alarm output. User can set the alarm temperature. e.g. you can set High Temperature Alarm to be 100F and Low Temperature Alarm lower to be 75F, when the temperature is higher than 100F or lower than 75F, the alarm relay will be connected, then the device( speaker, RF device or lighting and so on) connecting to the temp controller will work.
If you want a alarm temperature, ITC-2000 is a good choice. The main features are as bellow:
  • Fahrenheit and Celsius Display Can Be Choose
  • Setting High and Low Temperature Alarm Output
  • Control the Temperature by Setting the Temperature Set Value and the Difference Value
  • Temperature Calibrating
  • Refrigerating control output delay protection
  • Alarm When Temperature Exceeds the Limit or When Sensor Error
http://www.amazon.com/Inkbird-Digital-Temperature-Controller-Thermostat/dp/B00QQ02U42

We are very eager to all fair feedback from users. Your comments encourage us to produce better products. So if you leave customer review in our amazon listing, please copy and email to [email protected] , we will send one free ITC-1000F to you.

More detail, please visit on our website www.ink-bird.com.

Last edited by a moderator:
i just ordered one yesterday, interested to see comparison between STC1000+ and this one

Till now, feedbacks from other customers are good, I hope you can get the same one.
If there are any questions, contact me, I will do my best to help you.

If HBT members need more intelligent one, ITC-100 series may be one of your choice.

3. ITC-100 series PID Temperature Controller with Omron Relay DIN 1/16
ITC-100 is proportional with integral and derivative control (PID). We use Omron Relay inside to make sure to get a better quality.
It is recommended in systems where the load changes often and the controller is expected to compensate automatically due to frequent changes in setpoint, the amount of energy available, or the mass to be controlled.
The main features are as bellow:
•PID and ON/OFF Control Mode with high standard self-adjust function
•Multiple temperature sensors (K, S, Wre, T, E, J, B, N, CU50, PT100)
•Accuracy of displaying and controlling 0.1ºC,
•Self-adjusting function and intelligent control of the instrument to ensure the long-term stability.
•Omron relay inside

http://www.amazon.com/Inkbird-Temperature-Controller-ITC-100-ITC-100RH/dp/B00RMDZVR0

Last edited by a moderator:
The STC-1000 with the "+" programming flashed can do fermentation profiles - change its temperature with regards to time. Can this also fallow a profile?

Good price on the ITC can this be used in a electric panel for a kettle? Does it have a manual mode to control boil? Comparing to the mypin td4. New to this stuff.

The STC-1000 with the "+" programming flashed can do fermentation profiles - change its temperature with regards to time. Can this also fallow a profile?

Till now, this version ITC-1000 can't run as "temperature with regards to time". It just can control the relay with regards to temperature changing.
But we will think about this function and improve it.

The manual is difficult to fully understand, due to the language differences. It reads as though it has a manual mode, where by I ASSUME you can adjust the percentage.

Inkbird, the mode asked about is where you set the heating function to operate as a percentage of power. If you set 100% the PID function will be disabled and the element will be powered 100% of the time. Full Blast.

If you set at 50%, then the element will be heating at 50% power. Homebrewers sometimes use this function to control the BOIL after the use the PID function to control the mash temp.

For instance, during the mash, you want the mash to maintain a temperature of 153 degrees. The PID function will smartly control the element to anticipate how much power to send to the element, and for how long, to keep the temp right at 153.

BUT, after the mash, when you just want to boil the wort, you switch to manual mode and set the element to 100% to get the boil going faster. Then once it starts to boil you change the manual setting to like 75% so you still have a boil, but it's not boiling as hard. You can't control the boil with the PID function because the boil temp is always going to be 212 degrees even if it's boiling REALLY hard.

Also wondering if there is a fahrenheit setting on it? Love that the ITC-1000F has it, heck might buy one down the line just to replace my STC-1000 on my keezer because it's fahrenheit.

Also wondering if there is a fahrenheit setting on it? Love that the ITC-1000F has it, heck might buy one down the line just to replace my STC-1000 on my keezer because it's fahrenheit.

I see nothing in the manual that shows the ability to adjust the temperature display mode. I'd guess it's a "no" on this one.

ITC-1000 and ITC-2000 has a fahrenheit setting.
But now ITC-100 series PID controller just can show in Celsius. We are planning to update. Once it has, we will publish in HBT first.

What makes this "easier to set" than the regular stc-1000? Just because it reads Fahrenheit?

I have a cheapo PID that I use on my ferm chamber that reads Celsius, but to change the temps all I have to do is press the up or down arrows. I don't have to cycle through menus etc.

If you set at 50%, then the element will be heating at 50% power. Homebrewers sometimes use this function to control the BOIL after the use the PID function to control the mash temp..

I'm not an electric brewer so I could be wrong but I don't think this is quite accurate. I believe that 50% would mean that it would operate at 100% power 50% of the time (and the other 50% would be off). It cycles on and off at a rapid rate so the effect for simple heaters (water heater elements for instance) is the same.

I bought one of these on a whim to help advance myself as a brewer. However, I am utterly confused as to how to use it.. Does anyone know of any videos showing how to set it up? I see the wiring diagrams, but it's all a foreign language to me..

I may be completely off with the purpose of it as well. I bought it with a FermWrap in hopes of keeping a steady temperature during fermentation during the colder winter months. I.E. keeping the temp at a steady 68. My apartment often drops to the low 60's at night and peaks at about 68 during the day. It's not horrible, but it would be nice to keep it steady at 68-70.

I'm not an electric brewer so I could be wrong but I don't think this is quite accurate. I believe that 50% would mean that it would operate at 100% power 50% of the time (and the other 50% would be off). It cycles on and off at a rapid rate so the effect for simple heaters (water heater elements for instance) is the same.

Ditto, it doesn't regulate the power (voltage), it regulates the time the unit is powered on at 100% voltage.

Technically this is true. I just made a simplified statement that avoids the technical, and gives an easily understood result.

The device doesn't adjust based on temperature, as it would in PID mode, it just cycles based on the percentage of output you set, as though it were a control knob on a stove and ignores the temp.

Ah, ok. I was trying to be technical because it was mentioned in reference to ink-bird potentially adding it as a feature.

ITC 1000 F
Just got one off Amazon, and will be wiring it up as a ferment camber controller. $16 and free 2 day shipping with Amazon prime, displays in F, heat and cool modes.... gota give it a try.
I'll follow up with how well it works after using it for a while.

ITC 1000 F
Just got one off Amazon, and will be wiring it up as a ferment camber controller. $16 and free 2 day shipping with Amazon prime, displays in F, heat and cool modes.... gota give it a try.
I'll follow up with how well it works after using it for a while.

please do.. I'm curious. :mug:

I am using ITC 1000 F with my True GDM-12 fermentation chamber. I have a 200watt space heater in the chamber for heating in my 55 degree basement. Fermenting a bourbon stout at 63 degrees and the probe is in the thermowell of my FastFerment.

I set the deadband at 1 degree and it seems to not oscillate temperature although the chamber temp swings wildly e.g. 45 degrees to 90 degrees. SO far I am pleased.

Chris

I just freed up a chest freezer I've had and will now be using as a ferm chamber. I just ordered the ITC1000 from Amazon as controller for heat and cool. Can't wait to brew my first lager!

i just ordered one yesterday, interested to see comparison between STC1000+ and this one

Till now, feedbacks from other customers are good, I hope you can get the same one.
If there are any questions, contact me, I will do my best to help you.

This seems like it would be a necessity for lots of us. If you're taking the time to flash these to give degrees F functionality might as well be adding the profile functionality at the same time. For the price I'd love to get one if it had this as I am currently gathering parts for my ferm chamber controller, but I will likely go ahead and pay a little more else where to get this functionality.

I just got my chest freezer ferm chamber set up with ITC-1000 yesterday. Seems to work pretty well, holding temps without any swings. I've tested it at 75° (heating), 64° (just below ambient), and 48° (cooling). I set it and check a couple hours later and the temp is within 1/2°F and holding without heating or cooling running. This is with a 1 gal full of water and probe taped to the side and insulated. We'll see how it goes with 5.5 gallons tomorrow.

If you're taking the time to flash these...

As far as them flashing an STC-1000, I don't think that's what it is. It looks from the packaging and labeling as though it's factory built with this firmware. Sure, it's likely built in the same STC-1000 factory, but I don't think it's just a flashed STC-1000. I think this is it's original firmware. I agree it would be nice if it did profiles though.

I agree, they might not be flashing them more likely factory built. But that said they most likely had to supply the firmware our at least the firmware parameters to the manufacturer. It should be easy to have them use the stc-1000+, or build something similar/the same for them.

^^Agreed.

So, has anyone tried the ITC-100PID that's also listed in this thread? I wonder if it's worth the extra $10.

This seems like it would be a necessity for lots of us. If you're taking the time to flash these to give degrees F functionality might as well be adding the profile functionality at the same time. For the price I'd love to get one if it had this as I am currently gathering parts for my ferm chamber controller, but I will likely go ahead and pay a little more else where to get this functionality.

Thank you for your question.
Here I would like to clarify that we develop and manufacture ITC-1000F thermostat. Of course, in order to meet the needs well, we research a number of popular controllers and collect customer unmet needs. Now we have ITC-1000F , ITC-2000 On/Off controllers and ITC-100series PID controllers.
In addition, we will sell new product in the near one or two months, in order to better meet the needs of users of HTB.

I just received one of these from Amazon yesterday and plan to use it on my keezer that I am building. Given my geographic location, and the fact that my keezer temperature doesn't need to fluctuate, I have no need for the heating side of this controller. Can I wire it only to use the cooling side and not be in any danger of damaging the controller?

I understand that I wouldn't be using the controller to its fullest but I still haven't found a cheaper controller option that is single stage and in F.

Thanks.

The online manual for the ITC-1000F has a diagram showing "Power Supply 110VAC 50Hz/60Hz". The heating and cooling outputs show "10A/110VAC".

This makes sense for Taiwan where mains power and appliances are 110VAC/60Hz.

Where I plan to use this in the United States, the line power here is 120V/60Hz. The freezer and heating unit are also rated for 120V/60Hz.

I am sure this will still work but not so sure if these mismatches will cause components to fail prematurely?

Any electrically savvy people out there who can provide some feedback?

The online manual for the ITC-1000F has a diagram showing "Power Supply 110VAC 50Hz/60Hz". The heating and cooling outputs show "10A/110VAC".
The online manual I'm looking at says 10A/250VAC. How does this translate to 120VAC? Same maximum amperage (10A) at the lower voltage?

Thinking about a 1500W/120V heater that draws 12.5A,. Pretty sure it's not a good idea, but wondered if anyone had tried?

Looking at the same manual, it's just not internally consistent.

The text and diagrams in the manual label the Power Supply required as "110VAC 50Hz/60Hz".

The relay contacts however are shown as 10A/250VAC in portions of the manual text and 10A/110VAC in the wiring diagram of the same manual.

Last edited:
Got my ITC-1000F Monday (ordered Sunday). Wired up and installed on the new fermentation chamber since I still require heat. Works awesome. Just need to sell the 419 now.

I will post it later tonight. Im at work and it wont let me post pics for whatever reason from the desktop or the app.

I learned today that the wiring recommendations on your web site for the ITC-1000 and the .pdf instruction manual for the ITC-1000 both recommend switching the neutral wires of the load circuits. This wiring method violates article 404 of the US National Electrical Code (NEC). I recommend you correct your recommendations at the earliest possible opportunity.

Update: I have been going back and forth with Ink-Bird, and they are working to get the documentation fixed. I am impressed by how fast they responded when I brought this up with them.

Update 2: As of 7/8/15 the web site and .pdf tutorial now show NEC compliant wiring recommendations for the ITC-1000. Quick & responsible response by Ink-Bird.

Brew on :mug:

Back