The Ultimate Frustration

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ohbee

Reaction score
I have been brewing for 10 years. During that time I have been an extract brewer, a partial mash brewer and finally an AG brewer. I went from a 3 gallon pot and the kitchen stove to a 3 teir gravity system using 3 converted kegs. I decided to build a HERMS system and upgrade to 20 gallons (yes, it is obsessive) and have spent the last 8 months designing and accumulating the parts; pump, heat exchanger, 28 gallon pots. I even purchased a 3' x 10' copper sheet to jacket my mash tun. Assembled and tested with 20 gallons of water it worked perfectly (although I think I am going to re design my heat exchanger). The Rub: Planning to brew my first batch last saturday I milled my grains on thursday. Friday I went to work and promptly got laid off. Now that brewery is packed up and in storage while I get my house ready to go on the market. sooooooo close to my dream system and sooooo far away from using it.

Wow, bummer. Sorry to hear your misfortune. Any chance you might get on somewhere else in town?

loop

Tough one sorry to hear that. I heard the DC housing market is outragously overpriced.

Back