The Trotsky Ale House Build Finished!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-MG-

Reaction score
I started this build in December. It's actually been up and running for a month now but wasn't able to fully clean up everything and get pictures going until now. Before this I had really never done anything DIY. With Kal's great guide, I was able to follow everything very well and felt very comfortable with the process.

The room I choose in my house was unfinished bare cement floor with a sump pump in it. I dry walled one portion of the wall myself, stained the floor terra cotta, and had an electrician give me some new lighting and my power.

I bought my control panel from Mike at Spike Innovations and his work is amazing. The control panel was one portion of the build I didn't feel comfortable with as I had less than zero experience with things like that and some of the wiring with the elements made me nervous as is.

DSCN0365.jpg

DSCN0372.jpg

DSCN0373.jpg

DSCN0374.jpg

DSCN0375.jpg

DSCN0376.jpg

DSCN0378.jpg

DSCN0379.jpg

DSCN0380.jpg

DSCN0381.jpg

DSCN0382.jpg

DSCN0383.jpg

DSCN0384.jpg

My house had an this side by side fridge that came with it so I decided to turn half of it into a lagering chamber and keep the freezer side frozen to store hops. Its run by an ebay controller and has been working flawlessly.

DSCN0385.jpg

DSCN0386.jpg

DSCN0387.jpg

Thanks again to Kal!

Sweet setup! Looks really nice.

Tell me - how loud is that exhaust fan? I'm looking to install one, but don't have an idea for how loud it is.

Thanks!

Sweet setup! Looks really nice.

Tell me - how loud is that exhaust fan? I'm looking to install one, but don't have an idea for how loud it is.

Thanks!

It's not terrible, but you need to raise your voice if you are going to have a conversation. While your equipment could vary, its about as loud as a clothes dryer running.

Shame on you! Plastic cups by the keezer?:) Seriously, that's a great build. I like the large work space and the draft hood.

Great room man, that is all I can say! If my brewery looked that nice the wife might let me brew inside.

Good looking room!

What did you build your exhaust hood out of?

It's made out of some foam insulation from HD. It comes in that metallic look. It's a little flimsy and may need to be rebuilt sometime down the road, but for $30 bucks in materials I'm happy with it.

Hey. Nice beer pong table. Nice hood. Nice blichmanns. Nice keezer. Nice spunding valve. Nice sink. Nice basement brewhalla!

It was a premium lager.

Shortly after that an APA. Just finished a Red Rye IPA.

Awesome. I'm not only envious of your brew space, but also your amount of free time. I'm lucky if I can brew once a month. I suppose two kids under 4 is a good enough excuse. Congrats again!

Very nice set up it looks awesome, I wish I had a dry finished basement to make a brew room such as this, but what I am doing will be close I hope, great job, now go throw away those Solo Cups!!!!

Latest posts

Back