The stupidest comment on your beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read through part of this thread and realized I must truly be blessed... So blessed... To come from a family of home brewers... Even the non-brewing part of my family has basic beer education... All of my current friends are craft beer enthusiasts or brewers as well...

I have a low tolerance for dumb...

Dumbest comment for me ever was 'Is this a lager?' 'Nope, that's a cream ale' which is a forgivable mistake IMHO...

My brother after tasting my Weizenbock: <makes a scrunchy face> "Uck, too many flavors going on!". Keep in mind his favorite beer is Rolling Rock.

Me to my boss via email: "What do you think of my amber"
Boss: "It's good"
That's all he said. Turns out he liked it but is too *****ey to either say what he liked or offer criticisms. I had a beer tasting at work also with a hefeweizen I double decocted (was amazing) and my apple pie ale. Everyone else commented on various aspects they really liked, also agreed I need to up the spices in the Apple Pie ale but still really liked it. My boss drank it and talked more about crap he was working on.

Rev.

What's up, sergeant buzzkill? First of all, who (aside from us) is ever going to read this? Also, I'm sure the vast majority of us are not nearly as rude to these people in real life as we are on here... EDIT: or as rude to them as they were to us!

This thread is simply to vent and get a few laughs.

Enhanced that for ya!

and :mug: to "venting and laughing"

let them drink it then. forcing them to like craft beer is like cramming your political or religious views down a persons throat that doesn't want to hear them. the only *****ebags are those on this forum that make fun of people for not being born geniuses in craft brewing....as apparently all of you were.

Much like the way you are cramming your views of what craft drinkers should be.

Nom nom nom

image-3693970786.png

That guy has been trolling here for quite some time now. Can't for the life of me figure out why the mods clean up all his posts yet haven't banned him yet.

Rev.

Most co-workers I interact with are brewers... no In-laws just got engaged last Thursday... Neighbor and I brew together... I really am lucky...

aw man that sucks... you don't lose brain cells banging your head against a wall on a daily basis like the rest of us

Had some of SWMBO's friends for her b-day last night, and I provided all the beer. SWMBO's friend brought her new boyfriend, and I asked what beer he usually drinks. Before he can answer the girlfriend chips in: "He usually only likes ales and lagers." The best thing is, she was the only one who didn't know how dumb that comment was, so everybody in the house laughed at her.

SWMBO tried my Jameson Oaked Stout and said, "It tastes dark. Dark, dark, dark. It tastes way too dark for me."

One of these days, we will figure out what exactly dark tastes like.

Gave a bottle of my bitter to someone from work, this is what he said.

"Wow it's got a bitter flavour, but a lager taste"

I don't get it...... It's a bitter.

Gave a bottle of my bitter to someone from work, this is what he said.

"Wow it's got a bitter flavour, but a lager taste"

I don't get it...... It's a bitter.

By "lager taste" he probably meant it seems dry or has a thin mouthfeel.

Reno_eNVy said:
By "lager taste" he probably meant it seems dry or has a thin mouthfeel.

He probably just meant that it didn't have the same "triple filtered top shelf taste" as the new bud light platinum.

I gave my boss a witbier and he told me he liked it "it tasted like fat tire!"

Had a coworker say he didn't like lagers because "they taste too hoppy"

I always hear "you make your own beer? Doesn't it make you sick?"

My favorite response to that last one is "only if you drink too many, but that happens with all beer." ;)

Not really stupid but, I often get a surprised "Wow. This is good"

I guess most people's past experiences with home brew have not been very positive...:confused:

Had some of SWMBO's friends for her b-day last night, and I provided all the beer. SWMBO's friend brought her new boyfriend, and I asked what beer he usually drinks. Before he can answer the girlfriend chips in: "He usually only likes ales and lagers."

Why so picky? :mug:

Had someone tell me high hopped beer (specifically IPA they were drinking while explaining this) gets him jacked up like Mountain Dew. Shrug. I laughed to myself anyways. Maybe Im the idiot.

SmokeNbrew said:
Had someone tell me high hopped beer (specifically IPA they were drinking while explaining this) gets him jacked up like Mountain Dew. Shrug. I laughed to myself anyways. Maybe Im the idiot.

Did he go after you like a spider monkey?

whenever i give someone a try of my HB (as i quaff in kind) - i'm always like "THIS tastes like i made it with my penis!"

My father in law: "it has a bit of a twang to it...I prefer bud light, ya know, lagers are much cleaner."

Me:"GTFO my house."

My father in law: "it has a bit of a twang to it...I prefer bud light, ya know, lagers are much cleaner."

Me:"GTFO my house."

Come on... tell us the truth... you have been wanting to say that for a long time but he finally just gave you the excuss to :D

a buddy told me (last summer) that a nut brown extract kit tasted like a yeti pissed in a bottle and fermented it in the trunk of a car all summer.

He finally admited that it was tasty and that he was just being a smartass.

I'm usually picky about who I share my beer with, so I can avoid these types of situations.

The one time I did share my beer with neighbors they said "that's good beer man, it got me ****ed up!"

About my Guinness clone:
"That's way too strong for me", said my father in law as he refilled his Black Velvet rocks glass.

Latest posts

Back