The RI Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will return. I plan on placing an order next spring so it can be there for me by the time I get back so I can bring it back to AK with me. Good to see Tilquin/Girardin in RI now though.

Not much though - sounds like something around 7 cases of 375s and 750s each of Tilquin Gueuze and Quetsche. Not sure on the Girardin but I heard ti was more limited than the Tilquin. Hope it becomes more of a regular option

Damn. I snagged a good amount of girardin 37,5's before I left and Josh snagged me a tilquin gueuze and quetsche. Originally, they said none was going to come into the state, so that's a start. I'm sure it will be around a bit more. Would love to see tilquin draft version come around too.

Girardin is still on the shelves at Bottles, but at $13/375, it makes a lot more sense to split an order on BIAB.
Tilquin Geueze and Quetsche were both for sale at High Spirits a few weeks ago. Limit of 1 750 on each. Was able to pick up both, and thought the Quetsche was absolutely phenomenal.

$13/37,5 is pretty standard compared to where I've found it before. Especially the recent bottlings, they have been stupendous. But I agree, those bulk deals are absolutely the best. Such an incredible beer. I hear the High Spirits prices were up at $30/bottle which is way above what CT was selling them for at $22-24 a bottle. Still great beers and I probably would have snagged them as they are awesome but I hope if they make their way to RI again, the price is a bit more reasonable.

I think it was $25 for the Gueuze and a bit over $30 for the Quetsche. I didn't even flinch at the prices, because quite honestly, the convenience of being able to pick them up on the spot, along w/ the quality of the beer, was worth it.

Bzart is obscenely priced everywhere except for the bar at Ebenezer's. Had a bottle for $52 and shared it. Would not spring on a bottle again that's for sure. The price point is way over the top. I wanna see more De Cam in RI!

What's up RI TB'ers? Where would a Cubs fan who is going to be in Providence this weekend for a conference watch baseball games and tick some good beer? I'm staying at the Omni Providence.

And will I be able to scoop Captain's Daughter cans to bring home or am I a jerk for even asking?

Thanks for bumping the thread Hopping Tiger. Can't help ya, but reminded me to ask this

Does Proclamation fill any growlers or do you need theirs?
Hopping Tiger, I'm not much help in regards to things around Providence, but I try to stop in at Nikki's Liquors when I'm up that way, they seem to have a decent selection. I haven't seen Captains Daughter anywhere in RI over the past couple months but I haven't been looking hard either. I was wondering if perhaps they went to selling it only through the brewery since the laws changed this summer regarding the amount a brewery can sell directly to customers. I can say that Proclamation is now canning every other week on Wednesdays (tomorrow) and some cans go to distro around Providence, but amounts vary.

If you have time to make it down to the brewery, its definitely worth the trip down to Proclamation and be sure to grab some Derivative Citra and/or Galaxy. Also this is will be the first canning run of Broze, their stout. And lambandtunaphish, they will fill any growler you bring. If either of you are ever headed to Proclamation, let me know. I'm usually nearby and love to meet TBers.

Hopping Tiger definitely hit up Beerologist and Proclamation if you can. And CD does make it out of the brewery despite the new laws, they brew 60 bbls of it twice a week now so it shouldn't be horribly hard to find. Nikki's and High Spirits are both the spots in PVD you should check out.

If you do make your way down to South County, swing by Wakefield Liquors and Charlestown. Jeff at Wakefield has some random fun stuff on the shelves and Justin at Charlestown is a wicked smart guy and has some fun stuff from the Shelton and B. United portfolios if you like deep cuts. Rumor has it that some Cantillon was just sent around town as well. Small quantities of Classic Gueuze from what I know.

Anyone going to get some fresh R.I cans this week (proclamation or other)? I'll be Christmas and a few days after in Northwest Rhode Island and trillium Monday. I can get some NJ cans or other things

Anyone going to get some fresh R.I cans this week (proclamation or other)? I'll be Christmas and a few days after in Northwest Rhode Island and trillium Monday. I can get some NJ cans or other things
I can try and swing by tomorrow afternoon. I'll let you know how I make out.

I'll be out of town until Tuesday evening though.

Just left town this morning or I would have been able to help out. Good luck! Hopefully someone will come through for you.

I'll be heading back tuesday a.m. :(
Where in NW RI... .may be able to help I'm going to try and make it to Proclamation on Fri. and I'll be at Trill on Monday

I'll be located southern MA inbetween right above N. Smithfield/Woonsocket

Last edited:

Wasn't planning to go, but if I get there this week I got you.

Anybody have any restaurant suggestions in Providence, something anniversary dinner worthy for a couple vegetarians?

Thanks!

Anybody try Persimmon? That place looks interesting.

Have not been personally, but all the reviews I've heard are solid. Assuming you're "true" vegetarians and don't eat seafood? If not, Hemenway's is a must for seafood. Beer list won't do much for you though.

If you end up in that area, New Rivers is worth checking out for a drink. They under the radar had bottles of Vigneronne last year. Food isn't vegetarian friendly unfortunately.

Anybody have any restaurant suggestions in Providence, something anniversary dinner worthy for a couple vegetarians?

Yikes sorry I saw this a bit later than was helpful, but Birch is definitely your spot. One of the best tasting menus I've ever had, and for like $50 bucks.

Thanks!

Anybody try Persimmon? That place looks interesting.

Yeah. Persimmon is excellent as well, another top-shelf spot in RI.

For anyone interested, if you haven't been to Chengdu Taste in Pawtucket, go. Best szechuan food perhaps in the entire country. An absolute cannot miss.

Back