The pump fairy stopped by today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjlammer

Reaction score
I had been watching the Little Giant pump discussion with great interest, as I work with a guy who sells LG pumps.

I called him and inquired about said pumps, and look what showed up on my door step today... total cost, zero, nada, bupkus, nil, zilch, as howard stern says... zero point zero.

1/12 horsepower of pure pumping action

CIMG1068.jpg

Your a dog. +2 on the hate thing.:mug:

I am going through the great pump debate now. Just don't know which way to go.

****! You owe that man some beer!

Plug that sucker in and let us know how you like it! Hell, do a quick youtube video of it....I know there's a lot of interested people out there. I'd do it myself if I had access to my pump....!

Well i have a march and a Little giant now, so i can do side by side next brew day.

I got item number 581603. a little giant 3-md-hc with the 1/12hp motor.

The thing is heavy. I am planning to brew next weekend (an imperial stout to toss onto the oatmeal stout yeast cake that i have going.)

The Little giant is goign to be my HLT and BK pump, and im going to use the march as a dedicated MLT pump. I figure i need to throttle the march pump so i don't compact the grain bed, so there is no reason to have the extra hp of teh LG.

I am going to talk to teh guy who gave me the pump about selling them. the problem is that the reps price is 165. so for him to make money, the pump would have to be 190-200.

Now there is a 1/25 hp pump that is equivalent to the march that i think could be sold for a comparable price. I just haven't tested it yet.

I got item number 581603. a little giant 3-md-hc with the 1/12hp motor.

That is a sweet pump. That would be my first choice if I could get one free. Best prices online are over $200.00.

There is one ending soon on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110492203145&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I made an offer and got one of these much cheaper than the buy it now price and with free shipping:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380158987665&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I think there are seven left but they are 240V. If you can wire yourself a 240 receptacle you can save alot of money on one of these pumps.

Do you plan on using it with 220? It is also a 1/25 motor. It should work great, these are just less sought after characteristics by homebrewers.....

Latest posts

Back