The pot machine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Special Ed

Reaction score
I'm really impartial to the whole pot debate, but I just loved reading this. How rediculous! "I'm really angry doctor, can you prescribe me some pot? I don't want to het high like those kids, I need medication for my anger."

http://www6.comcast.net/news/articles/national/2008/01/30/Marijuana.Vending.Machine/

Quote:
A man who said he has been authorized to use medical marijuana as part of his anger management therapy said the vending machine's security measures would at least protect against illicit use of the drug.

"You have kids that want to get high and that's not what marijuana is for," Robert Miko said. "It's to medicate."

cheezydemon said:
Does it get you out of a positive drug test if you have a prescription?

Depends on the company and the objectives of the policy. For WalMart? Maybe. For pilots at United Airlines? Much more doubtful.

cheezydemon said:
Does it get you out of a positive drug test if you have a prescription?

Speaking of which, I just read this article a few days ago. Im not sure if thats everywhere but the article is about a California Legislation on that exact question cheezydemon.

man, they need to just legalize it and tax it.

then take that tax money and use it to subsidize farms that grow hops, so we never have this effing shortage again!

(oh yeah, and fund schools, fight the war on real drugs, blah blah)

Just choose to work somewhere that doesn't implement mandatory testing. That's what I do. The last time I consented to a pee test was before I was 18, and working for an auto parts store. Since then, that's part of my criteria. Don't care how much they're offering me, I still got me morals.

Of course, not everyone can do this. Truckers still have to take a DOT test. I understand that. But if I were in that situation, since I value my position on this issue, I would find another industry that doesn't fall under DOT. Anyways. Slightly OT, sorry.

I saw that article, those things are nifty! It's too bad that every time we make progress, though, the DEA has to come snorting in to see who/which dispensary they can cite this time. Oh well.

Why don't you just slam some Meth?:p:p It's supposed to be out of your system in 2-3 days.

chriso said:
Just choose to work somewhere that doesn't implement mandatory testing.
We have a very strict drug policy at my office: anybody with drugs has to share! :D

Personally, I seldom dabble in anything stronger than whiskey.

talleymonster said:
Why don't you just slam some Meth?:p:p It's supposed to be out of your system in 2-3 days.

Not a bad idea, since the feds seem to think pot's just as bad as meth?????

Now Jenkem, ass the drug of the future!

mmmm, fermented poo...

I have an infected stout, will that do the same thing? Right color, right smell, not sure about the taste...

too late BraeHaus, they already introduecd a bill here to ban salvia. bummer, damn nebraska conservatives.... ban everything fun in life....

back to my keg of hobgoblin. i am celebrating a job offer tonite. too bad i have to work early tomorrow. yay advil. cheers mate.

what is it with weed being as bad as meth, anyway?

pot doesn't make you steal (maybe from ur parents, but still...you're not robbing liquor stores)
pot doesn't make you fight (dude, you gonna pass that or am i gonna have to grab a beer?)
pot doesn't make you stupid (ok, it does, but still...doesn't the gov't want that?)

i really don't get it. most of the busts are for pot, too. i think it's just easier to pick up the pothead down the street instead of finding the basement meth lab. that's it. they're just lazy

oh wellz. legal "enough" in california anyway. there is hardly a day goes by i don't smell weed on the streets....or is that damn skunk back again?

chriso said:
too late BraeHaus, they already introduecd a bill here to ban salvia. bummer, damn nebraska conservatives.... ban everything fun in life....

back to my keg of hobgoblin. i am celebrating a job offer tonite. too bad i have to work early tomorrow. yay advil. cheers mate.

damn.

i given up the reefer a long time ago, it just makes me sleepy now-a-days so i'd rather get my drunk on and enjoy a good beer.

woot to the job offer! cheers!

BraeHaus said:
what's that new stuff...

salvia? (sal-vee-ah)

Tried it.
Wikipedia says this about it...
Wikipedia said:

Psychedelic experiences are necessarily somewhat subjective and variations in reported effects are to be expected. Aside from individual reported experiences there has been a limited amount of published work summarising the effects. D.M. Turner’s book “Salvinorin—The Psychedelic Essence of Salvia Divinorum” quotes Daniel Siebert’s summarisation, mentioning that the effects may include:

• Uncontrollable laughter.
  • Past memories, such a revisiting places from childhood memory.
  • Sensations of motion, or being pulled or twisted by forces.
  • Visions of membranes, films and various two-dimensional surfaces.
  • Merging with or becoming objects (for example a Ferris wheel).
  • Overlapping realities, such as the perception of being in several locations at once

The uncontrollable laughter, yes.
Senations of motions, yes.
I didn't feel the other alleged effects.
It tasted like burnt tire rubber though.:p

DeathBrewer said:
what is it with weed being as bad as meth, anyway?

pot doesn't make you steal (maybe from ur parents, but still...you're not robbing liquor stores)
pot doesn't make you fight (dude, you gonna pass that or am i gonna have to grab a beer?)
pot doesn't make you stupid (ok, it does, but still...doesn't the gov't want that?)

i really don't get it. most of the busts are for pot, too. i think it's just easier to pick up the pothead down the street instead of finding the basement meth lab. that's it. they're just lazy

oh wellz. legal "enough" in california anyway. there is hardly a day goes by i don't smell weed on the streets....or is that damn skunk back again?

i like the weed commercials now about the kids that won't leave their front porch b/c they are too high to do anything... reminds me of college, all we ever did was play video games, eat count chocula and make fun of our one roomie who only hooked up with busted chicks.

talleymonster said:
Merging with or becoming objects (for example a Ferris wheel).

Now you KNOW the only way someone could think of that is if it actually happened to the wikipedia editor.

"whoa dude check me out I'm a Ferris wheel wheeeeeeeeeee!!!!"

BraeHaus said:
what's that new stuff...

salvia? (sal-vee-ah)

yep, salvia divinorum (sp?)

I watched someone take this. I'll pass....and I've even tried a couple other hallucinogens...no way will I take salvia.

did anyone notice my Jenkem Brother's Brewing avatar I had up a few weeks ago? ;)

If i evert stumbled across some Peyote in the desert I would try it in a heart beat....As long as I had a safe house to do it at, and some supervision.:D

This should have bags of weed lined up in the spiral dispensers like a candy machine.

People get pissed when their bag of chips gets caught and doesn't fall, can you imagine their reaction when that 1/4 oz bud gets stuck?!

"D....3.... GODD%&*#@IT!"

I do believe reading Marijuana is the number 1 cash crop in the United States today. That's quite a bit of untapped tax revenue that could be put to better use. Oh well what can you do?

Been there done that......Try to be a legislator that looks at an issue and concludes that it has merit. then, co-sponsor legislation to legaize it in certain and well controlled manners

Enter the right wing to bash the hell outa you.

Mind you, it is not the part of the right wing that really believes that you are evil that will get you.

It is the business community that uses this BS to hide behind the tax cuts they want.

This is one of the devisive issues, like gay marriage and a host of others that keep peeople down and controlled.

chriso said:
Just choose to work somewhere that doesn't implement mandatory testing. That's what I do. The last time I consented to a pee test was before I was 18, and working for an auto parts store. Since then, that's part of my criteria. Don't care how much they're offering me, I still got me morals.
Oddly enough, my moral stance is quite the opposite. I regularly submit to drug testing, and I don't really mind. I have nothing to hide, and I feel it's probably in my employer's best interest to make sure I'm "clean."

Not saying you're wrong...just presenting a different view. To each his own...

Yuri_Rage said:
Oddly enough, my moral stance is quite the opposite. I regularly submit to drug testing, and I don't really mind. I have nothing to hide, and I feel it's probably in my employer's best interest to make sure I'm "clean."
Yuri, in your line of work, it's in EVERYBODY'S best interest that you're clean! ;)

I don't see it as a moral issue, but a common sense issue. I want clean & sober pilots, bus drivers, doctors, etc. Any position where other peoples health and safety is on the line. Now the guy at the auto parts store...I couldn't care less if he's smoking pot on his break!

BlindLemon

How do you feel about them giving Stimulants like riddalin (aka Go pills) for their alert missions or long missions? Taking Riddalin when its not needed is like doing coke.

I believe 2 A10 pilots blamed long work hours and those stimulants for thier accidental fire on Canadian forces in Afganistan.

So its an accepted risk? Just playing devils advocate.

This is about to go WAY off topic. If you want more information about the risk factors involved with military pilots and "go-pills" (dextroamphetamines), or about the causal factors in the friendly fire incident you mentioned, send me a PM.

Yuri_Rage said:
This is about to go WAY off topic. If you want more information about the risk factors involved with military pilots and "go-pills" (dextroamphetamines), or about the causal factors in the friendly fire incident you mentioned, send me a PM.
OOHHHH.... I knew that was about to happen.

Now, back on topic......Drugs anyone?:cross:

BlindLemonLars said:
Yuri, in your line of work, it's in EVERYBODY'S best interest that you're clean! ;)

I don't see it as a moral issue, but a common sense issue. I want clean & sober pilots, bus drivers, doctors, etc. Any position where other peoples health and safety is on the line. Now the guy at the auto parts store...I couldn't care less if he's smoking pot on his break!

The debate over legalizing pot always ends up with people worrying about pilots, drivers, surgeons, etc. smoking pot on the job or behind the wheel. I don't understand this argument because alcohol is legal but not legally comsumed under circumstances that could cause harm to others. Why would pot be any different? If legalizing and taxing pot means lowering tax on beer, gas, or anything that I purchase, I'm all for it! Tax the potheads, I don't think they vote anyway :cross:

Latest posts

Back