The Most You've Spent

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a chat earlier today with BevMo. They assisted me, along with Jess at AleSmith, in finding some AleSmith near San Luis Obispo, CA. It seems that there is a wine shop in Templeton that packs one of the beverages of my dreams. Now, hopefully I can talk my brother into going up there before he comes home for the holidays. I'm not sure he realizes how big of a deal this is…

Jess is the best ever, for reals.

but I submitted the guy anyway with a kimura.

I took some jiu-jitsu classes a while back. Damn fun even if I got submitted about 20 times a class. Submitted a much bigger new guy from guard with a kimura and was pretty damn proud of myself.

Sadly, life got in the way and I haven't trained in like 3 years :(

I'm curious how much everyone out there has spent on one trip to the liquor store. There is this store near where I live that stocks 1300+ beers, and it seems like I can't go in there without spending $150 or more. Yesterday, it was $161.78, but the most I've ever spent was $204.36. So, who else out there is like a kid in a candy store when they see a massive micro/import selection?

What liquor store is this?

Most expensive single trip for beer: ~$450

-2 Utopias
-1 The Abyss
-1 Rochefort 6
-2 Rochefort 10
-2 Stone Levitation
-1 Rogue Imperial Stout
-6 Stone IPA
-2 Chimay blue

Almost snagged the Chimay Grand Reserve Magnum, but figured I had spent enough for 1 day.

Here in VA beer is sold anywhere but true liquor is sold only in state stores. For beer, I don't spend much since I brew my own but the liquor bill for our yearly tiki party easily exceeds $500 depending on what we decide to serve. Most of that is for the cheapest Tequila I can find, which is still about $23 a liter.

that sucks!

cheap tequila here in florida can go for 24 dollars for 1.75 liters...

Damn. Some of the $ you guys have spent!

The most I've dropped at a beer store is like $75 on New Years Eve. Alot of that was for the alcoholic ex, lol.

Back