the most frustrating thing about betterbottles is..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsratso

Reaction score
... those silly little metal retaining clips. I lose one every other day it seems and betterbottle makes you buy a whole repair "kit" just to get the clips. does anyone know: a. a source to order just the clips? what is the size, part number, etc. b. are these stupid things even needed? it doesn't seem to me that the parts they are supposed to be retaining are really under a great risk of accidently dislodging?

here's the clip:

valve_open-close.jpg

what clips? I just picked up two BB's and didn't see any clips. What am I missing??

Beat me to it. Clearly you're talking about the bottling version of the BB. Got it. . .

Looks like a pretty crapy design. .

I have 6 better bottles, one with the port. The clip flew away about a day after I got it. I just put a twist tie on there (like the ones on a bag of bread). It's been like that for at least 5 years.

Anyone want to trade a normal BB for the ported one?

All my BB are ported with racking arm valve assembly. I've never lost a clip. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

my frustration is a bit different. I don't use the ported bottles.. but, I WISH they would make a round 3G bottle.. the square corners, especially at the tops and bottoms are a bit@h go get a brush into.. especially the top corners.

my frustration is a bit different. I don't use the ported bottles.. but, I WISH they would make a round 3G bottle.. the square corners, especially at the tops and bottoms are a bit@h go get a brush into.. especially the top corners.

Unless it's that fancy over priced microfiber cloth brush they sell, your BB shouldn't see a brush. It'll scratch the plastic.

I agree though, wouldn't mind the 3 gallon being round.

The biggest problem I had, was using a bubbler airlock with the 2 sides kind. I went to pick up the carboy, that squeezed the sides on it, and it sucked in the sanitizer that was in the airlock. It didn't hurt anything, but I only use the multi piece airlocks now, that will at least suck the inside piece to the bottom and not allow anything in.

The biggest problem I had, was using a bubbler airlock with the 2 sides kind. I went to pick up the carboy, that squeezed the sides on it, and it sucked in the sanitizer that was in the airlock. It didn't hurt anything, but I only use the multi piece airlocks now, that will at least suck the inside piece to the bottom and not allow anything in.

I put my Better Bottles in a milk crate. Easier to carry and that way you don't have to worry about squeezing it.

BTW, in my experience, if you get suck back from an S type airlock, you have too much liquid in it.

Latest posts

Back