The Misfits Of Brewing Science

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am brewing here in Memphis. We only brew root beer though. Not sure if Im welcome here

Fijidave12 said:
Couldn't think of a better way to spend a rainy day. Working on a Hot Blonde. Putting jalapenos, Thai chilies, and a couple dried smoked jalapenos in her mash. Roasted jalapenos and one or two more once I make it to her legs.

Edit:
Fixed that for you Dave.

Hey Paul, how did the Belgian turn out? You able to drink it yet?

It's in the kegerator and carbed, it's not my favorite, but I don't like Belgians either. I think it needs a month or two, wifey had a glass with dinner and said it was good. It's going to be around for a while. :eek:

It's in the kegerator and carbed, it's not my favorite, but I don't like Belgians either. I think it needs a month or two, wifey had a glass with dinner and said it was good. It's going to be around for a while. :eek:

Are you going to bring us a sample next weekend?

I want to try that one when it's ready. Sounds intriguing.

Most definitely. It's got some good heat to it...still will need to work on the smokiness, but that shouldn't be a problem once fermentation calms down a bit.

I am brewing here in Memphis. We only brew root beer though. Not sure if Im welcome here

Dude, you're always welcome around here. Do you have a root beer recipe that you use? I've been wanting to make some myself, but only found one seemingly good recipe.

Fijidave12 said:
freakin' eh!:tank:

I had a good time hangin with everyone. Till next time....

image-3326203417.jpg

Alright Dave, I'm gonna rock this for a while, probably with several variations over the next few months.:rockin:

What's up with all the Michigan fans in Tennessee?

You guys are so confused...
GO BLUE!:rockin:

I squeezed in a Cream Ale, before summers gone, this morning. I have a few BMC friends that love it.

I'm looking for a new HLT, if anyone has or knows of one. My 6" burners just dont work good with my aluminum 7.5 G pot. Between a 35qt and a 70 qt. Id rather a short fat one compared to a Keggle(unless the price was right). I know Bobbys the pot dealer around here(no pun intended). So just let me know. Thanks.

Anyone interested in a brewers only fantasy football league? I have set up a league in case anyone is interested:

League ID#: 649446
League Name: TN HomeBrew League
Password: byo
Custom League URL: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/tnhomebrewers

I tried to jump in, but got this error:
You are not allowed to view this page because you are not in this league. (Error #152)

WW- The right recipe in a WHEAT beer is a great beer. If you are like me, you probably just don't like the hefe-yeast:confused:

I tried to jump in, but got this error:
You are not allowed to view this page because you are not in this league. (Error #152)

WW- The right recipe in a WHEAT beer is a great beer. If you are like me, you probably just don't like the hefe-yeast:confused:

I shouldn't have posted the page link. You have to join the league through the main Yahoo Fantasy Football page and enter in the League ID and password there.

The yeast is the wildcard in this brew. I haven't read too many positive reviews on the dry Munich yeast, but since I almost exclusively use dry yeast I wanted to see what I can get out of it.

I shouldn't have posted the page link. You have to join the league through the main Yahoo Fantasy Football page and enter in the League ID and password there.

The yeast is the wildcard in this brew. I haven't read too many positive reviews on the dry Munich yeast, but since I almost exclusively use dry yeast I wanted to see what I can get out of it.

I was able to join, Gumballheads...lol
I like to use white labs Cal-V or wyeast 1056 in my wheats. Hard to go wrong with safale S-05 for dry yeast.

I've been using Safbrew T-58 in my wit. Does pretty well at warmer temps. I pitch it around 60-65° and let it come up to room temp. It has some spice and pepper to it, but not the esters of some Belgian yeast or the earthiness of hefe yeasts.

I could do the fantasy football thing, but I'd have to do an auto pick draft. I've got four kids and not much time.:drunk:

I could do the fantasy football thing, but I'd have to do an auto pick draft. I've got four kids and not much time.:drunk:

If we do an online draft just make sure you pre-rank your players. If we do an offline live draft I will bring your list of pre-ranked players and choose for you with any notes you list. We can make it happen no matter what :D

I like the idea of getting together and doing the draft and having some draft beer. Phone calls could be made for draft picks. Count me in even if I don't sign-up until this weekend.

Back