The Masters 2017 - Augusta National

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Every year I (pretty much) take off th and fri and then sat and sun and watch The Masters tournament. It's my favorite thing to watch on tv all year.

My favorite hole is 12, Golden Bell. The whole thing is wonderful. Although tv doesn't start on ESPN til 3, you can watch from the morning on masters.com. I bring up the live game on one screen and the leaderboard on another.

Some day I'll play regularly and master (heh) the game. Both my boys are good golfers, so we get out when they are home.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GdSCVN2lyg[/ame]

I'm the same way. I'm basically useless Masters week. My wife and I do a draft and pick players, and spend the week watching all of it. I can't even pick a favorite hope.
How much does it suck that DJ had to pull out?

I'm the same way. I'm basically useless Masters week. My wife and I do a draft and pick players, and spend the week watching all of it. I can't even pick a favorite hope.
How much does it suck that DJ had to pull out?

Really sucks. That guy has had some drama in the past. Good for the PR I guess.

Players I follow:

Watson (my pick to win)
Michelson
Speith
Fowler
McIlroy
Lowry

McIlroy is fun to watch because he seems over-caffienated and ready to explode at any moment. He finished pretty well, and hopefully will be in it till the end.

Jon Rahm has looked very good all day. Finished over par, but looking like a pro. I'm adding him to my watch list.

It's the one Sunday a year that I'm guaranteed to take a nap on the couch.

I think I've entered into the lottery to get tickets for the last 15 years and failed. I don't know what I'd do if I got tickets.

Actually I remember you use to get a letter in the mail from Augusta. It would be the inverse as a player. You'd open it up aaaaaaand "We regret to inform you..... crumple crumple"

I think I've entered into the lottery to get tickets for the last 15 years and failed. I don't know what I'd do if I got tickets.

Actually I remember you use to get a letter in the mail from Augusta. It would be the inverse as a player. You'd open it up aaaaaaand "We regret to inform you..... crumple crumple"

I haven't gone, but I've heard from numerous people that you can just walk up and get tickets for the practice rounds (tbh, when I go to these, I want to walk the course and I don't really care to see any of the players).

And, hey, if you don't get tickets while there, just drive to Asheville!

I would love to know if the above is true because the practice rounds are also in the lottery that was previously mentioned that I, also, have never won.

Back