The Man is out there !!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sanch

Reaction score
I for one, am an American god fearing man. I have paid my Taxes Ten Fold.
This country was founded on just a few principles. #1 freedom of religion, and a close second = HomeBrew, Thomas Jefferson said (At my table drink as you please, enjoy yourself and converse with ease) He wanted people to drink and discuss things that were important to them. as did the majority of the founding fathers. This is how i feel about HBT. People here have been very helpfull with my home brew adventures. I always get honest opinions here. and when A constructive conversation about a religious ceremony gets the plug pulled because it is deemed illicit material is when i start to wonder ???? HBT = The Fuzz?????

P.S. sorry I broke all the rules. Polotics Religion and controversial topics all in one post. Dont worry the post will probably not see the light of day.

I am Also sorry for the wonderful philosophical discussion about native religions and there relationship to us and what we can learn from them , that only got started.

maybe we should talk about , Alcohol/Lexapro/Effexor/Cymbalta/Paxil/Nicotine/Chocolate/Tylenol. or something else that isn't attached to a religious right of passage. or maybe something that craps on the fabric of our society 100%worse than any G HAD, it's called THE FUZZZ !!!!!

FU???K OURSELVES??? WE SHOULD BE GOOD AT IT BY NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am Also sorry for the wonderful philosophical discussion about native religions and there relationship to us and what we can learn from them , that only got started.

maybe we should talk about , Alcohol/Lexapro/Effexor/Cymbalta/Paxil/Nicotine/Chocolate/Tylenol. or something else that isn't attached to a religious right of passage. or maybe something that craps on the fabric of our society 100%worse than any G HAD, it's called THE FUZZZ !!!!!

FU???K OURSELVES??? WE SHOULD BE GOOD AT IT BY NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!

i dig your style

It's simple, just like we don't discuss distillation on here because it is illegal in the US, we don't talk about drug use here. Philosophical or however you want to rationalize it, if it is about something illegal, we steer clear of it.

We also don't talk about the selling or trading of homebrew, or even where folks acquire their kegs for keggle builds.

Our hobby skates a thin line to many folks in the outside world, that's why it took 40 years since the end of prohibition in the 30's til 1978 for homebrewing to even be legalized, and in some states it STILL isn't (heck, your own state of Utah JUST got homebrewing legalized last year.) Folks STILL think you can go blind from homebrewing.

SO we try to keep up appearances here. And therfore out of respect for TX who created this site, and for the great community we have here, which we would hate to see shut down, whether we agree with the legality of drugs, or distilling or whatever, we just simply don't discuss certain things here.

It's not because of big brother, and the mods are not "the man" we're all just trying to keep this great place the way it is.

Like I said, it's about respecting this site, nothing more.

:mug:

Back