The Lurker has spoken.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolf08gang

Reaction score
Hi everybody!

I've been lurking for a few weeks now and soaking up all the info I can. I've been reading the How to Brew website, and waiting impatiently for my copy of Papazian's bible to show up.

Yesterday my book showed up, and later in the evening I bought a whole mess of brewing equipment from an older gentleman who gave up brewing years ago because his liver couldn't take much more.

In addition to the brewing stuff, I bought a bunch of bottles from him including a dozen 22's that were still full of some of his very old homebrew. On a whim, I tried some when I got home. It was actually a pretty good stout. The head retention isn't much to speak of but hey, it's ten years old and doesn't taste skunky or off in the least.

Now I just have to go buy me some ingredients and get to brewing. I'm going to try my hands at one of the partial malt Brown Ales or Stouts in Papazians book.

Thanks for the info, and I'll let you know how it goes.

Back