The little things that make you smile.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnOldUR

fer-men-TAY-shuhn
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Was at a friend's house for Learn to Homebrew Day. We were brewing a 30 gallon batch on his and another club members Blichmann's. Saw him hang the lid on the handle of the kettle and thought, "Wow, nice engineering." While brewing this past weekend that popped into my head as I was trying to find a place to set down the lid of my Bayou Classic pot. Damn if it didn't work! :)

What little brew discovery has made you smile?

I use a long tube atached to my bottling wand to bottle beers. So when it's time to stop & cap a bunch,I didn't know what to do with the bottling wand/tube set up. I then realized that since I had a FV with a tap on it next to the bottling bucket,I could prop the bottling wand's tube over the sp[igot of the fermenter next to it with the tip in an empty bottle. This way,you don't shut off the BB spigot & get air in the line. Line stays full of beer & the pin valve on the bottling wand shuts off the flow till I cap the already filled bottles. Cheap & easy.:mug:

Back