The LAST HBT brew session of 2010 (pictures)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparky

Reaction score
I figure this is the last HBT brew sessoion of 2010 - what a great year! Big brew session today, (3) five-gallon batches:
- Aventinus clone
- Bindery Bitter (ESB)
- Buckle Beer (Pils/Lager)

Looks like a great day to brew:
BrewDeck Morning.jpg

Everything is up and running:
HomeBrewDeck.jpg

Assistant brewers Zac & Ynez keep the riff-raff away:
BrewGuards.jpg

But, LOOK OUT, it's SWMBO!
What's that? Should we have steak for dinner?
Yeeeaaahhhhh!!
Coleen & Scruffs.jpg

Sparge is finished, time for finish run-off:
PostSparge.jpg

Finishing up. Assistant brewers want a chew-stick for their hard efforts.
Time for a hot tub and Dog Bed Porter!
Happy New year to all.
Finish Brew.jpg

Man that is beautiful. I am VERY jealous. If I took pictures from my house you would see a bunch of dirt bags walking to the bus stop and garbage rolling down the street pushed by car-exhaust filled air. I need to move.

Wow.. that's a beautiful place. Gotta love NorCal. If you guys ever get up toward Sebastopol you should stop by for a brew. You're only 50 some miles away.

Ok depress me more.....what is the temp there?

It was actually cool yesterday, about 12C or 53F. ;)

And, Sabastopol is right up the road, nice place!
I love brewing outside, and sometimes drag the big, plush chair out to do some super lounging while brewing. :mug:

CTS, my SWMBO is from Canada (BC) and hates the cold and doesn't watch hockey. I think she got kicked out and sent down to California! At least she is wearing a tuk.

It was actually cool yesterday, about 12C or 53F. ;)

And, Sabastopol is right up the road, nice place!
I love brewing outside, and sometimes drag the big, plush chair out to do some super lounging while brewing. :mug:

CTS, my SWMBO is from Canada (BC) and hates the cold and doesn't watch hockey. I think she got kicked out and sent down to California! At least she is wearing a tuk.

I also brew outside all the time, the snow bank is a great place to cool your kettle. Not only that but at -10C there's no worry of insects infecting your wort.
You're close to my favourite roads, "Stewarts Point Rd/Skaggs Springs" and "The Boonville Speedway" and 175 Hopland to Lakeport.
Where in BC is she from?
Toque.

If I took pictures from my house you would see a bunch of dirt bags walking to the bus stop and garbage rolling down the street pushed by car-exhaust filled air. I need to move.

Oh the natural beauty of Jersey....

Where in BC is she from?
Toque.
Her folks now live in Gibsons, on the Sunshine Coast. She grew up east (Canada) and moved West, but came to the States in the '80's to go to college on a swim scholarship.

I love BC, and looking forward to spending 2 weeks in August (2011) in Squamish for climbing:D BC is soooo beautiful.

Ya, it's just a basic 3-tier system. But moving to an electric system in 2011.:)

Back