The 'Keezer' Project

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have recently found this thread; and have been able to follow all aspects of the build with one exception. I didn't see a picture on how the hoses were fed from the coffin back into the freezer. I assume a hole was cut through the lid. Does anyone have hints, notes, anything on making this cut?

DigitalDray said:
I have recently found this thread; and have been able to follow all aspects of the build with one exception. I didn't see a picture on how the hoses were fed from the coffin back into the freezer. I assume a hole was cut through the lid. Does anyone have hints, notes, anything on making this cut?

Yep all I did was use a hole saw that attaches to a drill. It did just fine going through the 1 in plywood top and then the sheet metal of the freezer top and finally through the foam and plastic liner. It was the last thing I did before mounting the coffin to the lid. If your hole saw isn't deep enough take a drill bit and drill all the way through at the center where you want your hole then take your hole saw and do half the hole as deep as you can then do the same from the other side using that small drill hole you did earlier as a guide for the bit in the center of the hole saw. Good luck.

I know there is a description and photos of the holes in the thread somewhere. Sorry I can't direct you right to it. I used a Dremel with a cutoff wheel to cut a square opening, then just protected the edges with duct tape.

I have a 25 CF freezer as a standard keezer, but want to update to this style coffin keezer. Does anyone have plans for this size?
I have already printed most of Jester369's items, but have not found the Google Sketchup plans for it.
Thanks, but my wallet hates it...
Mike

I've noticed that Jester has not been around in quite a while, so I'll post here and ask if anyone has the Google Sketchup plans he was sending out? I'd really like to attempt to do a build like this and would really appreciate the plans.

I've noticed that Jester has not been around in quite a while, so I'll post here and ask if anyone has the Google Sketchup plans he was sending out? I'd really like to attempt to do a build like this and would really appreciate the plans.

I sent him a PM a week or so ago and he sent me the sketchup plans a few days later. I have the email I could forward to you if you provide your email addy via PM.

Hi guys, I plan to build an enclosed keezer as well (so it looks like a piece of furniture). I since found this thread and Jester did a great job. Does jester say what the CFM on his fan is, i'm just curious what kind of airflow is really needed?

I was looking at this fan on amazon (link below) and wondering if two of these (total 200 cfm airflow would do the job. I welcome any input or suggestions.

Thanks!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009CO543S/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a similar freezer and wish to attempt at doing a similar build (and not butcher/dishonor Jester too badly). Can someone send me the sketch up files? Thanks.

BTW, Sorry i'm late to the party....this will be my second keezer/kegerator as my first one recently passed. And thanks to everyone on here for the ideas and thoughts....EVERYONE; jobs well done.:mug:

Keezer crafted in house at my LHBS and unveiled today.

FullSizeRender[1].jpg

I am currently building a keezer, 7.1 cubic foot. I am lucky that my father in law is a very talented master carpenter, and has offered to help with the build. The first stage pictures are here on my blog.

https://handcraftedale.wordpress.com/2017/04/23/keezer-build/

The 4 taps will come out of the center of the collar, mainly due to the heat here this beautiful thing will sit outside in the lanai by the pool. The thought of cooling taps in a tower just was not where I wanted to go. This is my second keezer, the first is a 15 cubic foot in the garage that is a beer and wine cellar. I plan to use that for long term again and "up next" kegs.

I'll keep the pics coming as all the parts come in.

Have you considered freezeg or kreezer? Possibly kreezeger, or the most ludicrous of all, Kfreezegasaurus, which is my personal favorite.

Back