The hopefully not obnoxious wood fired brick oven build thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy sht. How many more fcking tangents are you going to take?

Wow

67,967 posts.... 12 are about this oven that is supposedly getting built.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew because it impresses people

Ignore Cape...we're all interested in the upcoming posts. Crossing my fingers for some sort of shoe tying tutorial...

Ignore Cape...we're all interested in the upcoming posts. Crossing my fingers for some sort of shoe tying tutorial...

I can already see the next post...

"Hey all.. Sorry but no time to build the oven today. I had to take a huge dump this morning and realized I was almost out of toilet paper.

So then I went to the store. Going to store is so much fun. I like to browse the produce section if I have a chance. I like to "test the melons" if ya know what I mean (wink, wink).

I got to the store, and can you farkin believe it? I had to park wayyyyy on the other side of the lot. So here I am, hiking across the lot. I was in the super market for about 45 minutes. I got some fruit and some cereal. I got some cat food for the local strays. I like to feed them even though the SWMBO gets upset.

After I left the store, I'm half way home and I realize... "OMG!! I forgot the toilet paper!!

Ugggg. What a crazzzzzy day.

I can wait to say TGIF THIS week!"

Still. Once the brewery is done, this is NEXT! SWMBO would never so no to an outdoor wood fired pizza oven / heater for the pool (she'll never see the extra plumbing...

I can already see the next post...

"Hey all.. Sorry but no time to build the oven today. I had to take a huge dump this morning and realized I was almost out of toilet paper.

So then I went to the store. Going to store is so much fun. I like to browse the produce section if I have a chance. I like to "test the melons" if ya know what I mean (wink, wink).

I got to the store, and can you farkin believe it? I had to park wayyyyy on the other side of the lot. So here I am, hiking across the lot. I was in the super market for about 45 minutes. I got some fruit and some cereal. I got some cat food for the local strays. I like to feed them even though the SWMBO gets upset.

After I left the store, I'm half way home and I realize... "OMG!! I forgot the toilet paper!!

Ugggg. What a crazzzzzy day.

I can wait to say TGIF THIS week!"

Sounds like somebody has a case of the Mondays

LOL!!

Holy crap. Hoppy said something funny.

I did NOT see that coming.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1404156228.832535.jpg

Hardy harhar har f'ing har! You guys are some funny dudes. You too, Melana.

You'll all feel pretty silly when chicks in yoga pants are swarming around the brick oven like moths to a flame when its all complete...............???????

Oh damn! Did I just channel Cape?

The horror! The HORROR!

FY AZ! I've been working on it today in fact. I just stopped a little while ago, took a shower and now I'm lying naked on my bed with the AC blowing cold air over my body and drinking a beer. Pictures to follow.

Now THAT'S a frightening thought...

Decided that I needed to redo the transition from dome to arch door. My original design relied too much upon mortar filling spaces. That mortar may fail over time. I want solid brick where I can and as lite mortar as possible. So I knocked apart the old transition area...ImageUploadedByHome Brew1404416417.220808.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1404416442.134137.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1404416475.238799.jpg

Good call, buyin' em' three at a time.

That way the guys at the stoneyard won't suspect anything.

Sneeeeeaky sneaky.

Thanks guys. He's home now and adjusting. I appreciate the kind thoughts, both here on HBT and offline. Some of you guys ain't the jerks you pretend to be. Of course, some of you are.

Hey.. I resemble that remark..nyuk,nyuk,nyuk...

Seriously, hope your pops gets better soon

Back