the grape and granary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huntingohio

Reaction score
These guys are top notch, the got and ground my grain bill while I shopped. Treated me with mad respect, even made me feel like a little $65 purchase was actually valued. Overheard them helping a lady with her mead. They seem pretty darned knowledgable. They even spent 5 minutes looking for a racking cane tip for me even though it was only 60c. Great crew hope you guys read this!!!

I'm glad I drove up instead of ordering online, was worth it just to be in a real HBS not just a place that sells gear and reccomends the most expensive thing on the shelf.

Thanks

ETA they are located in akron ohio

Does anyone have anything to report on all grain recipes from these guys? Their prices seem great, but looking through the different styles, I noticed they assume 70% efficiency on some recipes and 75% on others at random. Also, some recipes list the crystal lovibond (i.e. crystal 60), while others just say "crystal malt". Seems somewhat inconsistent. Any input?

Back