The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One does one one must - I'm just happy someone much smahtah than me figured it out :)
As of this morning the entry point I provided is still working. The Spousal Unit has been helping her friends get set up...

Do you have to enter in your personal information before you back date it. My aunt has been trying the normal way and getting frustrated. I don't want to go beyond that step in case I muck up the system for one person.

No, best as I recall you get to the point you effectively pick a time slot (based on the chosen "first shot date") before putting all your info in.
Completely different from the "normal" process.

fwiw, The Spousal Unit had one of her friends come over the house and she got her a confirmed reservation. This lady needed to get a specific day so she could get a ride to Gillette and back (she did not want to impose that on my wife) and didn't get the gist that the very first step affects the offered reservation date: she kept picking "Feb 3" as her "first vaccination date" which firmly put her into a March 3 reservation date. All she had to do was pick a later date for her "first" and the site would jump 4 weeks ahead. Carol got it done :)

I just heard on the local news that the state is trying to straighten out the mass vaccination reservation system, but I would not hold my breath, as the crux of the "it was there but now it's gone" reservations is apparently due to cross-system communications between multiple entities to schedule each shot. The scope of that sounds too broad for any easy fix...

Cheers!

[edit] btw, the mentioned lady actually did grab a spot and got the email confirmation but it was an incompatible date. My wife helped her cancel that reservation and grab a later date that worked for her. So mistakes can be fixed :)

Last edited:
Just caught the tail end of a local tv news story on the changes made to the state vaccine finder site. Apparently you now enter a FIFO queue and hold there before being allowed to proceed with obtaining an actual reservation. Aaaaand hold times can be weeks?!?

Sure glad we beat that craziness by a couple days! Hope the "hack" still works...

Cheers!

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/02...s-new-appointments-go-live/?p1=HP_TrendingBar

In other news, the friggin sky is brilliant tonight w almost full moon. The patches of snow between the stands of trees reflecting back the moon's glow. Trees looking like beautiful, delicate, looming black monsters in moonshine.

I'd still be out there, but who knows when I'd return, and it's a work day tomorrow, w my crew coming in stuff...

fwiw, The Spousal Unit and I received our first oldster Moderna vaccinations on schedule this morning at Gillette.
Have to give them credit, they run a heck of an operation there. At no time did we feel they didn't have everything important accounted for.
Indeed, the only thing missing was guidance on how to get the hell out of the oceans of parking lots! :D

So far just the slightly sore shoulders for both of us.
2nd shots scheduled exactly 28 days out - same day, hour, minute. Easy peasy!

Cheers!

Hahahahaha! You mean it's not in the wrist band? Damn! :D

1st_shot.jpg

Hi all,
been hibernating, and not brewing beer for awhile, but just got me gear re-built, and am getting ready to start the mash tun once again.

As an FYI, the VA has plenty of vaccines, so please tell any vets that you know to register with the VA and get going. No age restrictions - hardly any wait at all.

BTW, anyone know anyone interested in a three keg horizontal HERMS system? The f’ing thing has been taking up space in my basement since the last time I used it ten years ago. (When I DO brew, once or twice a year, I do five gallons in a cooler.)

Oddly enough, it has become a source of contention between myself and Mrs Nurse.
All offers considered

Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. What? The Armsby is pulling some kind of vampire **** and rising from the ashes? I’ve got a full tank of gas. When?

Lets ignore for a moment that I’m not drinking beer these days. God I miss my friend beer.
Yup! It was weird/smaht that they closed down as soon as the pandemic hit. They're opening in April. They've been posting cryptic messages on Instagram. One had the number 10 which I'm guessing is April 10th. For me? It's gonna be a while before I get the vax. Hopefully they'll be doing pickups. They were doing that just before they closed. Pick up a couple of growlers of Hill Farmstead and hit cyprian or Wachusetts for golf.

You got pix whatever of what you're looking to part with Paulie? I just bought a rig and got a lot of **** to put together.

Last edited:
iirc, it's a three keggle rig on 1" square tubing with a pair of bg10 elements.
I saw him actually brew with it once so I reckon it works...

Cheers! :D

Kinda invokes a wistful feelin, like an old pet you got to put down, or a friend you will not likely see again soon on account of their social choices, or worse...

Almost a local legend on HBT sellin his rig.... now for a moment of silence.... :]

In lighter news, tomorrow, when the sun has been arisson in the morning sky for around 3 hours, I intend to start heat on the strike water, figure what I want to make, and mill the grist. I'll be brewing another lager in the continuous use fermentor style...w S-189 at around 52F. Might go a little maltier this time around. I got some Munich to use up and I've been exploring "dry" with wonderfull rye lagers all winter. Prolly should do a marzen soon, eh?

Back