The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S'up Bitches? Just back from a week on a dive boat off Bimini. Back in the saddle. No lingering after effects from by betting the bends last year. Did a few dives every day the weather allowed, saw a lot of fish and a few hammerheads and made it back to the surface without any issues. Paulie is one happy murse.

You're totally right about dumb asses though. It's stunning to me to read of large gatherings given the context. Yesterday I read of a wedding party that had either 7 or 10 thousand attendees. wth?

[Pardon the following venting] Since March 6, the only people I have been unmasked with have been my children and grandkids. Even when I visit my 96 yo mom I'm masked just out of respect (and abject fear - definitely don't want that on my brain for the rest of my life). And we've had some get-together's in our small family cancelled when someone had symptoms that could have been The Bug (it wasn't). And now our NJ contingent can't come up for Thanksgiving because they'd have to quarantine for two weeks.

Meanwhile the dumb asses are driving the numbers so high even incidental contact in a retail environment could be a real problem.
Sigh...

Anyway...on a more positive note, I hope all Massholes - and Masshole Wannabees (lookin' at you, Hoppy :D) - have a relaxed, enjoyable Thanksgiving with family if so inclined, and end up where I will - asleep on the floor while some football team is beating another football team...

Cheers! :mug:

I am up at our NH house just northwest of The Notch and the casbah is totally rocking out right now from this wind squall thing. Lights blinking is never a good sign up here.

Parked the truck in the middle of the property way away from trees, and have my biggest flashlight and a bunch of candles at the ready. And plenty of beer!

Bring it on! (But not too much :D)

Hope your procedure went well, Mr balrog.

The well driller is coming next week, so been moving stuff around & making way so he can get his 10 wheel rig up where I want the new well. Old one is iron cased, from the '60s, been sending sand and rust into the plumbing for a while.

In other news, some of my customers who are never, ever, here this time of year are still here, being annoying. I hope when the vaccine comes out they will go home, to their "real" home, that is. I'm sure it is much more interesting than here, especially this time of year.

Yeah, from my occasional visits I'm not sure if there's enough "there" there this time of year to hang around.
Gotta be cold AF on the island tonight...

well, i didn't follow the light, woke up, made it home, started taking some tangerine trees and marmalade skies something. let's see what happens when nerve block wears offtomorrow.

and tyipng one handed really hampers my stream of consciousness golden wit.

I’m glad that you guys are keeping this thread alive.

Hope your shoulder is on the mend Brog, that’s another joint I need to have attended to. No hurry to go there.

I’d really like to learn about geology. The idea of a fresh aquifer under an island surrounded by salt water is fascinating.

Did the semi-annual yard equipment rotation today, bringing the snowblower to the front of the line.
Hoping we're in the 4-6" band tomorrow, really don't need a 12" dump of cement (it's gonna be hella wet snow)...

1607117982424.png

Looks like a lot of wind, rain, and canceled transport on & off this slab o mud tomorrow. I could say more, but why bother?

Anyway, hope you all have a good weekend.

BTW, PTN, there have been times when over developed areas in sand plane part of island (Katama) have gotten salt water intrusion into their wells during dry spells. Most likely septic intrusions too. I'm pretty sure in this matter though, it is not "nicer on Nantucket." They are actually just a sand spit, we have some rocks and clay.

This gets me to another topic; Do people on islands, or maybe everywhere, hold their closest neighbors in disdain?

There is sort of a "friendly rivalry" between nantucket & mv, but mainly in high school sports (and who actually carze 'bout that when you got no kid on the team?) But yeah, there seems to be little solidarity.

A good friend of mine was running a kitchen for a resort in the Turks & Kacos, he said the locals held the people from the closest islands in deep disdain, even though they were probably related. Their contempt went down for the inhabitants the further the island was away from them.

Anyway, hope this treatise has provided some amusement..

Tree branches snapping and landing on the ground around the neighborhood sounds like a running gun battle right now and it's gonna get hella worse.

Neighbor across the street is looking at a big ass pine laying across the end of their driveway.
We have one ~50' oak with a thin trunk for that height that still has its leaves that I'm pretty sure will be flattened by morning - which is ok, had been wishing I had it taken down with the other 24 trees a couple years ago, except it'll land right in our pond and need dragging out.

Fun!

Well dang, chiristmas alone, death is gal's family, 'course the kid goes with her to deal. Not like this was a surprise, .....anyway, I get to play my guitars and stereo loud as I want. No holiday tunes here,,,haha..

Got to hold down the fort,buisness, pets, livestock & all, probably won't visit my family locally either, since likely was exposed to ...yup, by.. never mind. At least she gave ,me a mail in test kit as christmass present before she left( I am not ishting). Anyway kids, like he said in (original) blade runner,.. "have a better one".

Well dang, chiristmas alone, death is gal's family, 'course the kid goes with her to deal. Not like this was a surprise, .....anyway, I get to play my guitars and stereo loud as I want. No holiday tunes here,,,haha..

Got to hold down the fort,buisness, pets, livestock & all, probably won't visit my family locally either, since likely was exposed to ...yup, by.. never mind. At least she gave ,me a mail in test kit as christmass present before she left( I am not ishting). Anyway kids, like he said in (original) blade runner,.. "have a better one".
I hope you’re healthy and make the best of your self-time.

Last edited:
Thanks, I think I'm fine,... working mostly anyway. Guess there will be too much weather to brew on the holiday, perhaps I'll get into cooking, or maybe do annual boiler maint.

Back