The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apparently there's a "brewery" at Kalon Farm out in the Bolton Flats on 117, just across the Nashua River from the 110 intersection.
Anyone been brave enough to stop in there?

No. His evil twin :D

Fwiw, I can give the exact coordinates where used a 10 gauge slug on a 12 point mule deer that dressed out to over 200 pounds hanging weight; and point out the road up toward Cashman Reservoir on the Olympic Peninsula that we used to take deer that were lucky to break 60 pounds on the hook. All tasty - and the coastals do have the benefit of being easier to drag out than the mule (I still remember that ordeal)...

Cheers!

I’ve got an evil twin? Sheet.

Why am I awake at 4:30 in a rare day off?

Not only do we have lobster but we have scallops. I got about 9 pounds of shucked scallops on this dive. I put them individually on a sheet pan in the freezer then bag them up and vacuum seal them once frozen. A few dives line that and you’re set for winter.

Attachments

• 9AA04051-2C12-4A6F-9ECB-23097031EF86.jpeg
    9AA04051-2C12-4A6F-9ECB-23097031EF86.jpeg
    69.6 KB · Views: 27
Ok, question for the massholes.
I love B&M brown bread in the can. Pretty hard to find out west, but I did just order some from Amazon. I'm kinda a DIY guy. Googled the recipe, but everything I found was for steaming it on the stovetop or the oven.
I want to make this in a jar, using standard canning practices, for long term storage. B&M obviously does it, anybody have a recipe or instructions?

Ok, question for the massholes.
I love B&M brown bread in the can. Pretty hard to find out west, but I did just order some from Amazon. I'm kinda a DIY guy. Googled the recipe, but everything I found was for steaming it on the stovetop or the oven.
I want to make this in a jar, using standard canning practices, for long term storage. B&M obviously does it, anybody have a recipe or instructions?
Once upon a time I had a single jar canner for the microwave It was a way to “pressure can”, and I made a zucchini bread. So I think you could jar your batter, leaving plenty of room for rising and use a hot water bath. Or at least be pointed in a better direction. That bread from Amazon must have been pricey!

Apparently there's a "brewery" at Kalon Farm out in the Bolton Flats on 117, just across the Nashua River from the 110 intersection.
Anyone been brave enough to stop in there?

Is that Bull Spit?
I know they have a Facebook page - Bull Spit Brewing Company
I haven't been there myself, but I've seen them on Mass Brew Bros and a couple others - they say it's pretty good.
Obviously they're closed right now.

Once upon a time I had a single jar canner for the microwave It was a way to “pressure can”, and I made a zucchini bread. So I think you could jar your batter, leaving plenty of room for rising and use a hot water bath. Or at least be pointed in a better direction. That bread from Amazon must have been pricey!
Actually, not too bad, 26.64 for a case of 12, so a bit over $2 a can.
I have tried cakes and muffin mixes in a jar, cooked in oven uncapped, then put the lids on as soon as they came out. Unfortunately, they didn't last much beyond a month or two. I'm wondering about doing it in the canner with lids very loose.

Actually, not too bad, 26.64 for a case of 12, so a bit over $2 a can.
I have tried cakes and muffin mixes in a jar, cooked in oven uncapped, then put the lids on as soon as they came out. Unfortunately, they didn't last much beyond a month or two. I'm wondering about doing it in the canner with lids very loose.
I don’t think you need very loose, just enough to let pressure escape similar to canning tomatoes then tighten them down.

I don’t think you need very loose, just enough to let pressure escape similar to canning tomatoes then tighten them down.
Yeah, all the recipes I've looked up specified steam, to soften the cornmeal. So I was thinking loose lids more for steam ingress, than pressure release.
BTW, Im eating some B&M bread right now, much drier than I remember. Wonder if they cut down the molasses to cut calories?

Is that Bull Spit? I know they have a Facebook page - Bull Spit Brewing Company
I haven't been there myself, but I've seen them on Mass Brew Bros and a couple others - they say it's pretty good.
Obviously they're closed right now.

Thanks, that's gotta be it. From their pictures there's more to it than it would appear from just passing by.
Reckon I'm going to have to check them out one of these days...

Cheers!

B & M brown bread, beans and Kayem hot dogs. MMmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Had that **** every Saturday night for supper till college and I scovered garlic. Damn, I think I may just leave the chicken thighs in the jerk marinade till tomorrow and redirect for tonight.

I'm gonna let you in on a local secret. There is a little dive bar/restaurant near me in Randolph called the Lynwood Café. They make a Brockton style bar pizza and can't make them fast enough. Wicked old fashioned place. Cash only, pay when you place your order. 10 oz draft beers $1.90. I took my buddy Kim there recently and told him, "Just order what I do."
He's like, "What are you ordering?"
"The bean special."
"You said you were getting pizza?"
"Trust me."

So we order our pizza and settled in to wait. On a good day you might wait 45 minutes. We sat for over an hour, putting way the $1.90 Molsons. "There are baked beans on my pizza."
"Shut up and try it."

He ordered three half baked to take home. before he was half way through. It was THAT good.

They use a cake/buisquick type crust, typical Brockton style bar pizza, then put baked beans, chopped salami and chopped onions on top of the sauce and cheese. It sounds so wrong. SO wrong, but it is one of the best pizzas you'll ever have. It just works. Nothing in that list of ingredients belongs anywhere near any of the rest. Trust me. It works. I've tried it at home and while damned good, it's not the same. I can't get their dough right. But try it. It's life altering.

Ands I know a thing or two about pizza. You may have heard.

OMG where is a vomit reaction when you need it. Maybe it’s good, but don’t call it pizza. PLEASE. DON‘T. CALL. IT. PIZZA.

Now that I got that out of my system, beans and bread go together like beer and, pretzels, burgers an bun, Sonny and Cher, oh wait.

H2BM, you ignorant slut... Bagged up, dried out slunk meat like you couldn’t hope to understand good pizza. If you want bad pizza call Domino's, or Pappa Gino’s , or Pappa John’s or whatever two bit Guido your puttin’ out for that day. Otherwise call the Lynwood.

Last edited:
As far as the B&M bread, I'm looking at a can with a date of Feb 26 2032. Seems like a long time from now. The one can I sampled seemed pretty dry, I'm pretty sure I can do better. Haven't found any rye flour locally yet though.

You need to cut both ends of the can off then put it uptight with the bread still in it on a cookie rack sitting on top of the pot you’re cooking the dogs in. Steam for 20 minutes then throw the dogs in the pot. Push the bread out, a pay of butter on each slice (oleo in my childhood, only rich people bought butter) and you’re good to go

We never did that when I was a kid. Just pushed it out of the can, sliced, and buttered (or margarine, probably). Seems like the bread was always moist and kinda sticky.
Pretty good with a slice of braunschweiger too.

Back