The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20180410_183716.jpg

Stuck here in FLL airport, major weather delays due to a tornado touchdown nearby, won't land in BOS until 2:30am or worse, only good thing that's happened was watching the Sox totally spank the Yanquis. Helped a little bit...

Sure looking like they're a thing.
Definitely making Cora's ascension to a perpetual hot seat easy so far.
The local sports media can't lay a glove on him while the streak is on :D

Tyler Austin - with the .239 career average and a total of 9 HRs - comes out of the box like he was on every pitchers Boink List?
Sheesh. Such a drama queen.

Anyway, game ain't ovah yet (as of 10:43)...

So you never played the game beyond recess. Ok.
It's clean - if the fielder intends to turn to first, and it was patently obvious he wasn't.
It was a dirty play, period. Austin deserved to get plonked.
If I had been Holt I'd have been ejected within seconds of that slide...

So you never played the game beyond recess. Ok.
It's clean - if the fielder intends to turn to first, and it was patently obvious he wasn't.
It was a dirty play, period. Austin deserved to get plonked.
If I had been Holt I'd have been ejected within seconds of that slide...
But do you have the requisite number of career home runs in mlb games to retaliate or would you be a punk too?

I'd definitely have been a punk, but a punk who took exception to being spiked on an over-slide with spikes up when I clearly wasn't trying to turn a DP.
You getting this yet?

On a related note...

SWMBO switched us to FIOS. She's frugal. Like to the point of making the buffalo cry. So after that, I couldn't find anything that I liked to watch before, so I bought an Amazon Fire stick. Now I have f'ing anxiety whenever I turn on the TV. I've got three remotes. I don't need/want three remotes, that's about 100 too many buttons. I can even talk to one of them.

Somebody please tell me how to find the f'ing Red Sox using one of my three f'ing remotes.

Yes,I realize this means I need to turn in my Man Card.

Last edited:
On a related note...

SWMBO switched us to FIOS. She's frugal. Like to the point of making the buffalo cry. So after that, I couldn't find anything that I liked to watch before, so I bought an Amazon Fire stick. Now I have f'ing anxiety whenever I turn on the TV. I've got three remotes. I don't need/want three remotes, that's about 100 too many buttons. I can even talk to one of them.

Somebody please tell me how to find the f'ing Red Sox using one of my three f'ing remotes.

Yes,I realize this means I need to turn in my Man Card.

Go old school and get up out of the chair everytime you want to change the channel or volume.

Or set your chair and TV tray close to the TV so you don't have to get up

maxresdefault.jpg

Actually try this:

https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/tv/equipment/alexa

I know you have one of those new fangle girlywhigs. I have a similar setup and I was just tired of buying new batteries. Now I can turn off the tv from any room. I don't even know where my remote is now.

You can also use the FIOS app on your phone to change channels, search programming and even record a show if you're away. Or annoy your SWMBO by changing the channel or volume on her while you're down at the Bog playing acoustic.

Last edited:
That's all well and good but what friggin' station are the Sox on?
You should be able to use the phone app to search "Red Sox" or you may be able to tell Alexa to change channel to "Red Sox game" I've not tried Alexa with FiOS but I could test it out when I get home.

EDIT: just checked and I don't have the latest great settop box. You should tho. Seems simple enough for a **** can do it. Let us know how it works out for you [emoji1]

Last edited:
Hey Hoppy, get back to 'counting OPM, you only have a few days left.

Darn nice of the Red Sox to insert a rain delay just in time to watch the B's third period (that'd be channel 576, Paul ;))

Last edited:
Back