The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the biggest trick is definitey briging the internal temp up at the very end. I have made bacon a bunch of times and the times I skipped this step... The bacon comes out very yough and rubbery no matter how i cook it afterwards. When I snoke it for a long period of time and then bring the temp up at the end, its dramatically better.

Cape Brewing said:
I think the biggest trick is definitey briging the internal temp up at the very end. I have made bacon a bunch of times and the times I skipped this step... The bacon comes out very yough and rubbery no matter how i cook it afterwards. When I snoke it for a long period of time and then bring the temp up at the end, its dramatically better.

Does that shorten the amount of time it will keep?

Take the skin off and make pork rinds. Just skin it as you would a deer or cow. Light short strokes with a real sharp knife.

If you bring the internal temp up like I was mentioning, you won't need a knife. You can simply grab one corner with you fingers and it'll easily peel off in one big piece.

I always leave the skin on during curing and smoking and then just simply peel it right off when it comes out of the smoker. Easy peasy

Does that shorten the amount of time it will keep?

I've never had it be a problem.

I have kept my finished bacon in the fridge for a while no problem but what I usually do is slice it all up, drop in three slices to a single "snack size" ziploc and then freeze it all.

When I wanna cook it, take a bag out, 30 seconds in the microwave and its ready for the pan and bacon press. (If anyone doesn't use a bacon press you're a total amatuer and should be banished from this thread for evermore)

Whenever I snoke stuff it comes out yough, too.

Hats and Tee-Shirts Night at Fenway, and it looks like the champagne showers are about to start. Good outing for Lester, Farrell has his hands full to come up with a playoff rotation.

On to the playoffs! :ban:

Cheers!

Settle down there, Beef Stick.

You can get them at Armandos in Pawtucket. Get off 95S at exit 27 like you're going to the EAC only go right off the exit instead of left and crossing the highway. Armandos is down two or three blocks. It's a red warehouse looking building.

paulthenurse said:
Settle down there, Beef Stick.

You can get them at Armandos in Pawtucket. Get off 95S at exit 27 like you're going to the EAC only go right off the exit instead of left and crossing the highway. Armandos is down two or three blocks. It's a red warehouse looking building.

Armando's is a cool place

Hats and Tee-Shirts Night at Fenway, and it looks like the champagne showers are about to start. Good outing for Lester, Farrell has his hands full to come up with a playoff rotation.

On to the playoffs! :ban:

Cheers!

Dempster's already in the 'pen, he's pitched there before. Doubront's been fading a bit, he may or may not even make the postseason roster (even though he's had a helluva year). Rotation's actually pretty easy - Lester, Buch, Lackey, Peavy. That's as good as anybody.

[...]Rotation's actually pretty easy - Lester, Buch, Lackey, Peavy. That's as good as anybody.

Not so much who - you definitely have the right list - but the order. Hard to knock Lester out of top billing - he locked that up with last night's performance - but Buch ahead of Lackey? Or even Peavy? I dunno 'bout that...

Cheers!

In honor of his ERA, I'm going to propose a new nickname for my #2; "A Buch-Fifty." We'll see how his next couple starts go, but if he's back to where he was earlier in the year, he's right behind Lester.

EDIT: Sounds like Buch is starting today to set up the playoff rotation, right behind Lester. I'm not too optimistic about today's game, though; something tells me it might have been a long night for some of these guys yesterday!

Crickets???

Sunday is a day for friends, family, beer and football. Not hanging out on HBT.

Or in my case Sunday is a day for being woken up by the little bastars across the street serenading the neigbborhood with his trumpet, last minute cramming and taking tests on line while under the direct camera observation of some dude in Bengladesh.

I swear some week I'm going to take the f'ing tests wearing a bannana hammock and nothing else.

Sorry. I was being Mr Crankypants. Comes with being sleep deprived. Who lets their f'ing kid go out and play his trumpet on the front lawn when the kid just picked it up for the first time last week? I wanted to walk over their and grabbed the friggin thing fromthe kid and cram it up the fathers arsehole. "There you go Moron. Now every time you time you fart you can practice scales. Blow your flugelhorn now, Farktard!"

how was everyones weekend? I just got back from a weekend trip to the smokey mountains in Tennessee. What a great weekend. I know you all missed me. have a great night

Masstoberfest is this Saturday. Pass it on.

A reminder that if you would like to bring along a package of white tube sox, men's or woman's, to Masstoberfest I'll see that they get to where they are needed. For those of you who don't know, I work part time for Boston Health Care for the Homeless, at the Long Island Shelter, the Woods Mullen shelter and at the NE Shelter for Homeless Veterans. Foot problems are epidemic amongst the homeless. You and I take clean dry shoes and socks for granted, the homeless don't have that luxury. Winter is coming. Help us help them. Thanks . Paul

Not a problem Paul... we'll be there with socks!
I have a pair of shoes (sneaker type shoes - never worn) that I can donate if you'd like those!

Walking a mike in Beef Stick's shoes wouldn't be THAT bad.

So long as you walked where, when and how Her Most Imperial LeeAnne-ness told you to.

Thanks for the offer of shoes, but lets just stick with socks for now. Socks are something we give out daily in the medical clinic, I don't know how or where shoes are dealt with.

Back