The "Dear" , "Sincerely" thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
are flushable....

Are they really, or are they just small enough?

Brings us full circle back to how useful and fun everything is with liquid nitrogen, because everything is flushable if you have liquid nitrogen.

And a hammer.

Maybe some gloves.

(And bleach to clean any forensic evidence afterwards)

Are they really, or are they just small enough?

You might want to get a plumber on speed dial
Actually, yes many packing peanuts are flushable now.

Biodegradable Packing Peanuts | Compostable Packing Peanuts

Rather than the good ole Styrofoam that they were all made of, many manufacturers have shifted to a starch based material that is water soluble and biodegradable. Not all are this way, but most that I have seen recently are.

The wife freaked when one of the boys was licking them to make them melt (he is my special boy :) ). He got into a shipping box and was putting them in his mouth but they weren't coming back out. Just a glob of goo that my wife couldn't see until she picked him up and got slimed...

Not sure of the potential to use in brewing, but I am sure that someone on this thread might test it at some point.

Oh, and yes, still tastier that a 'circus peanut'.

Actually, yes many packing peanuts are flushable now.

Biodegradable Packing Peanuts | Compostable Packing Peanuts

Rather than the good ole Styrofoam that they were all made of, many manufacturers have shifted to a starch based material that is water soluble and biodegradable. Not all are this way, but most that I have seen recently are.

The wife freaked when one of the boys was licking them to make them melt (he is my special boy :) ). He got into a shipping box and was putting them in his mouth but they weren't coming back out. Just a glob of goo that my wife couldn't see until she picked him up and got slimed...

Not sure of the potential to use in brewing, but I am sure that someone on this thread might test it at some point.

Oh, and yes, still tastier that a 'circus peanut'.

...and thus we come full circle to the True Beer discussion! I can just see it now: "How high a % of starch packing peanuts are you using in your hazy IPA?" and "Dry Hopping With Starch Packing Peanuts For FUn and Profit" and "Has anyone noticed that Amazon's starch packing peanuts give better hear retention than UPS?" And naturally, eventually, by @bracconiere , "You use starch peanuts?!! Make your own like me from Witsec memorandum paper!"

Dear servant of Morgoth,

Anyone who watched CSI knows bleach doesn't eliminate forensic evidence.

Sincerely,
Still missing Gil Grissom and Warrick Brown (or whatever their names are)
Yes, but bleach followed by the unholy ancient fires of hell will wipe out an awful lot of things.
1667047454738.png

Except, of course, cockroaches.

And pachysandra.

Dear servant of Morgoth,

Anyone who watched CSI knows bleach doesn't eliminate forensic evidence.

Sincerely,
Still missing Gil Grissom and Warrick Brown (or whatever their names are)

Dear message writer who started me on the umpteenth binge of CSI

Balrog said bleach to clean the forensic evidence, as is to make it nice and shiny for the investigators.

Sincerely,
Still wondering how the girls in Miami never got done for corruption. Shoes that expensive on a cop's salary?

Dear message writer who started me on the umpteenth binge of CSI

Balrog said bleach to clean the forensic evidence, as is to make it nice and shiny for the investigators.

Sincerely,
Still wondering how the girls in Miami never got done for corruption. Shoes that expensive on a cop's salary?

Dear Binging on CSI again,

You're welcome.

Sincerely,

Dear people involved in making reality TV shows about vets,

I get it, 80% of your day is spent neutering animals, or filming neutering, so you feel like it needs to be on your show. It isn't good TV. Repetitive content is boring. Even if it isn't a dog or cat, but especially if it's a dog or cat. If you're struggling that much for content, you need to make less of your shows.

-----

Dear anybody who thinks I'm just a dude who just doesn't want to see that procedure because I am also a dude,

I grew up on a family farm. We had the vet out a couple times per year to do that to a group of animals. I had to clean the barn afterwards. I still have family in production agriculture. I'm over it.

Sincerely,

Dear Husband,

I'm sorry you're bowling like crap and the weather out there on the coast is horrible.

Sincerely, damned glad I didn't go because I'd be miserable and wouldn't have two new shirts and a new pair of pants that all turned out great. Also free PDF patterns. Sewing patterns are anywhere from $10-$17 for that flimsy tissue crap; with a laser printer and a LOT of tape I've got some pretty spiffy patterns. And dogs are happier at home.

Dear anybody who thinks I'm just a dude who just doesn't want to see that procedure because I am also a dude,

Dear @Kent88
I didn't grow up on a farm but I get a serious case of the willies recalling the first time I saw a currywurst machine in action. *shudder*

1667168046810.png

Caption for the hearing impaired:
"Hummmmmm FWAP FWAP FWAP FWAP FWAP Hummmmmm...."

Sincerely,
FWAP FWAP FWAP FWAP FWAP

Last edited:
Dear @Kent88
I didn't grow up on a farm but I get a serious case of the willies recalling the first time I saw a currywurst machine in action. *shudder*

View attachment 785077

Sincerely,
FWAP FWAP FWAP FWAP FWAP

I dunno but it looks like that thing can take of any serious willies you might have.

Dear owner of house with camera that announces "Attention: You are currently being recorded" every time someone passes on the sidewalk,

I hope you understand that the appropriate response to that when walking my dog is to surreptitiously include a one-finger salute every time I'm walking past. It's not that I am directing at you as an individual; but more that it's a commentary on your behavior.

Sincerely,
The guy who walks past your house every day and will never, ever, rob you, and doesn't appreciate being treated with distrust like a criminal.

Dear Criminal who is upset over a camera,

This person has a camera filming their lawn and public property, and it doesn't affect you in the slightest except you chose to let it bother you.

Sincerely,
Not the owner of that particular house

This person has a camera filming their lawn and public property, and it doesn't affect you in the slightest except you chose to let it bother you.

I should point out... I'm not opposing the camera in any way.

It's the annoyance of the announcement that pisses me off. I'm on a calm and relaxing morning walk with my dog, and it harshes my mellow.

Dear RingBlinkNestReoLinkWyze
Could ya *please* make the motion detection just a teeny tiny bit more intelligent?

Sincerely,
Gotta agree with @betarhoalphadelta because I'm tired of 3,976 film shorts of blowing leaves, midnight moths, summertime mud dobbers (which I gotta say really creep me out with full frame wasp face)

Dear RingBlinkNestReoLinkWyze
Could ya *please* make the motion detection just a teeny tiny bit more intelligent?

Sincerely,
Gotta agree with @betarhoalphadelta because I'm tired of 3,976 film shorts of blowing leaves, midnight moths, summertime mud dobbers (which I gotta say really creep me out with full frame wasp face)

Dear servant of Morgoth,

We are delighted you no longer see us as a threat. Perhaps you could invite us in sometime and we can get to know each other.

Sincerely,
Moths

---------

Dear fellow exoskeletoned ones of the Moths Army for World Domination,

We can now move on to phase three of our plan to overthrow the humans. Soon the artificial light deathtrap makers will pay for what they have done to our people.

Soon we will see an evening of revenge, which will give way to a morning of freedom,
Fidel Castmoth

Dear Husband,

While I do understand that you had to go get your new work badge today, for the fabulous new job you will start this Friday (not sayin but it rhymes with Mowing), that took all of 20 minutes; and you are staying up late every night to defend the world via new Call of Duty, it is in VERY bad taste to ask your hard-working wife to clean off the top of the refrigerator when she gets home, that you said you would do yesterday, because you have to leave to go bowling.

Sincerely, your extremely tolerant wife, except when it cuts into my planned sewing-while-drinking time.

Dear Husband,

While I do understand that you had to go get your new work badge today, for the fabulous new job you will start this Friday (not sayin but it rhymes with Mowing), that took all of 20 minutes; and you are staying up late every night to defend the world via new Call of Duty, it is in VERY bad taste to ask your hard-working wife to clean off the top of the refrigerator when she gets home, that you said you would do yesterday, because you have to leave to go bowling.

Sincerely, your extremely tolerant wife, except when it cuts into my planned sewing-while-drinking time.
Congrats!
I hope he is in the training department and does well. That would stop that company that rhymes with mowing from bribing my 76 year old father out of retirement to fly out there to train people how to do their jobs.
I am tired of hearing him complain every time he does it.

Dear @Kent88 ,

I'll have what you're drinking.

Sincerely, Fidel Castmoth would be a good name for an indie/garage/rock band.
Dear "I'll have what you're drinking",

For a few glorious months in college I was in a screamo band, we called ourselves Herb Quackenbush. Herb wasn't a real person of course, more of a persona so to speak.... apparently of the non-grata persuasion.

Sincerely,
We never did manage to book a paying gig.

Dear @Kent88

View attachment 785077

Sincerely,
FWAP FWAP FWAP FWAP FWAP

dear jay,
they are kosher!

sincerly,
i think you should know about khosering!

Dear, "We never did manage to book a paying gig."

I understand. While not a regular member, my friends in the Jazz Fascists used to encourage me to wear a loincloth and beat on a hubcap with a wooden spoon in the "role" of Smashy on stage.

Sincerely, never again to be encouraged.

Dear, "We never did manage to book a paying gig."

I understand. While not a regular member, my friends in the Jazz Fascists used to encourage me to wear a loincloth and beat on a hubcap with a wooden spoon in the "role" of Smashy on stage.

Sincerely, never again to be encouraged.
Dear "never again to be encouraged",

I was a percussionist too! Mostly stomping a wooden box but I played the koto sometimes when the mood struck.

Always wanted to try playing the fire buckets, but Eugene Hutz had cornered the market.
1667969443579.png

Sincerely,
The Golden Glockenspiel

Dear my very dear sick senior dog,

I am so happy the meds that we are giving you are suppressing your cough, and curing the upper respiratory infection that you picked up. However I wish they would stop giving you the most horrendous gas I've ever smelled from a dog. But I will admit I'd one hundred times rather smell that gas than have to lead you over that final bridge, it's too soon.

Sincerely, there is a noxious green cloud hovering around her butt, I swear. #Amoxicillin=horrible canine flatulence

Back