The Brewer's Friend Recipe Kit Giveaway!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's giveaway time folks! Our sponsor, Brewer's Friend, has upgraded some of their features and added some new ones as well. In celebration of their new content, they will be giving away 10 recipe kits offered by Homebrew Supply! Let's look at some of the new features that are available on Brewer's Friends website.

New Features Provided by Our Friends at Brewer's Friend!

Personally, I've used Brewer's Friend calculators for just about everything, and some of these new features look great for all levels of homebrewers.
New DME to LME and LME to DME converters for easy recipe conversion.
  • In the Other Ingredients section on the Recipe Builder, we added a unit selection for the time field. Now you no longer need to convert your week long dry hop time into minutes.
  • The Mash Calculator now offers the ability to enter strike water volume directly, not based on ratio
  • Added a hop utilization multiplier on the Recipe Builder, so you now can scale non whirlpool/hopback hop utilization by a recipe-wide factor
  • Added gallons as an available volume unit in the Mash Calculator
  • Restricted Recipe search results to valid ABV values to avoid surfacing invalid recipes
  • Added Rakau and Opal hop varieties to the Recipe Builder ingredient list
  • Built a new calculator for switching between LME and DME while maintaining gravity (http://www.brewersfriend.com/lme-dme-conversion-calculator/)
  • Fixed a bug in Brewer’s Friend Windows App to enable brew day functionality regardless of the units selected
  • Added Brix unit option in hydrometer temperature correction calculator (http://www.brewersfriend.com/hydrometer-temp/)
  • Fixed bug in Recipe Export to HTML function where hop headings didn’t match the data in the table
  • Added Target Residual Alkalinity to advanced stats in Recipe Builder, based on Palmer’s How to Brew formula
The Hydrometer temperaturre adjustment calculator now has compatibility with Brix measurements!
Didn't I say something about a giveaway? Let's go over the details of that.

How to Enter the Brewer's Friend Giveaway

Entering the giveaway is easy, and it's open to everyone. All you need to do is these two simple steps:
  1. You must be subscribed to the Homebrew Supply newsletter, which you can do so here
  2. You need to reply to this forum post with the Homebrew Supply kit you would like to win. A full list of available kits is listed on the forum post.
That's it!Ten winners will be drawn on May 21st, and will receive their chosen Homebrew Supply Kit.
Here is a small sampling of some of the kits available provided by Homebrew Supply
Thanks again to our wonderful sponsor Brewer's Friend for hosting this giveaway and good luck everyone!
Brewers-friend-giveaway-feat.jpg

Just like that, but remember to post it in their forum to enter. http://www.brewersfriend.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&p=18299

Why is this being pushed on here? It redirects you to a completely different site from Home Brew Talk and requires you to sign up to join their site as well.
Thanks, but no thanks. I already pay to be a part of HBT, why should I pay to be a part of another site?

I believe you only need a free forum membership to enter, not a premium one.

I am VERY happy with the RA calculations - the only thing I miss is a mid-range. Very helpful on brew day that I don't have to go back and forth between sources to get the SRM here, the RA there, then back to the water calculator to figure out what to add. An enhancement - I'll post the request over at Brewer's Friend - would be to import the midrange of the RA calculation to the water calculator as the "target RA". But that's nitpicky: I requested the feature last month, it's there now. Very responsive.

You can browse for free. To use the calculators and such is well worth the money.

great, just what I needed - a count of how many idiots are on this forum. Count me as one

Aquarena Grapefruit IPA - Extract Recipe Kit

Um, the "How to Enter" info is for Homebrew Supply, not Brewersfriend. You guys are advertising the wrong vendor.

Brewer's Friend is running the giveaway which rewards Homebrew Supply's recipe kits to the winners. Both vendors are involved. Entry requires posting on the forum and being on the HBS newsletter. Hope that helps clear anything up.

Back