The 70s

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zul'jin

Reaction score
Ok. First off, the 70s were stylin! Wood panel and orange macrame plant holders. Why there's an L (an L? It's a consonant, but with a vowel sound when you say the letter. Weird) in avocado, oh, there's not. Never mind. But never mind should be one word.

Why am I seeing all these 70s theme commercials? Did we really eat that much KFC in the 70s? I dunno. Popeyes came out in the 70s and we were Popeyes people.

Now Gillette, makers of the shave your face with an entire collection of razors razor, has a 70s commercial.

And Dodge brought back the Challenger and is bringing back the Dart. Well, they're making cars they call the Challenger and the Dart. Neither have big honking chrome bumpers. And do you know why? Car washes.

So now I see this commercial and this hot woman is on a pool chair and she goes to raise a glass. As she does, it gets longer and longer and the bottom is round. Bulbous. Flared at the top, gets longer as she pulls it and it's bulbous at the base. TV ain't fooling me. I caught that.

There's definitely a void in new ideas nowadays especially with tv shows and movie remakes... Pretty much all are crap..

There's definitely a void in new ideas nowadays especially with tv shows and movie remakes... Pretty much all are crap..

Yep this.

Don't think it was quite the 70's but there is a downey (i think) commercial ripping off the mean Joe Green Coke Commercial

Zul'jin said:
Why am I seeing all these 70s theme commercials? Did we really eat that much KFC in the 70s? I dunno. Popeyes came out in the 70s and we were Popeyes people.

I never saw a popeyes until 2003, just saying.
Everything old is new again....

Ok. First off, the 70s were stylin! Wood panel and orange macrame plant holders. Why there's an L (an L? It's a consonant, but with a vowel sound when you say the letter. Weird) in avocado, oh, there's not. Never mind. But never mind should be one word.

Now Gillette, makers of the shave your face with an entire collection of razors razor, has a 70s commercial.

And Dodge brought back the Challenger and is bringing back the Dart. Well, they're making cars they call the Challenger and the Dart. Neither have big honking chrome bumpers. And do you know why? Car washes.

So now I see this commercial and this hot woman is on a pool chair and she goes to raise a glass. As she does, it gets longer and longer and the bottom is round. Bulbous. Flared at the top, gets longer as she pulls it and it's bulbous at the base. TV ain't fooling me. I caught that.

Target market demographics. The advertiser wants your money, appealing to your sense of nostalgia works to get you interested enough so they can plant a little seed of a message in your mind. All they need is for you to remember their name/product & to a certain degree, their pitch. Odds are good that when you're presented with a choice of products, one of which is theirs, you'll purchase theirs because you recognize it from their ads. At the very least they got you to mention their company(s)/product(s) here. In a sense, that's free advertising for them.
Regards, GF.

Back