That don't look good!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blagoe

Reaction score
10 Gallon batch of double chocolate stout, one batch clean, and one well...

IMG_0099.JPG

Doh! when I racked it you could taste something was a bit off in the infected batch. Oh well I'll drink the good batch first and see if we can age out the other batch.

nibs%20005.JPG

One pouch in each carboy.
Currently drinking a glass from the batch with out the white funk and taste great!

The style could definitely lend itself to this being successful depending on what it is in there. No point in not waiting it out a few months.

That reminds me of a National Geographic mag I saw 15 years or so ago where they highlighted the efforts of Icebreaking ships in the Antarctic (trying to create air pockets for whales).

Give it some time! Maybe it'll turn out just as good as the other

Had exactly the same thing happen to a recent amber ale I did, also reminds me of icebergs! I don't know whether that's going to 'lend' anything to your beer, I tried some of mine and it was absolutely rank and a definite drain pour

LOL!

I'd take a taste and see what it's like. I'd pour it, cause I can't stand sour beer, but as long as it's just sour, you might want to keep it. I'm no infection expert, but there is a chance it will be "ok".

I've had a similar thing happen. It doesn't get sour but does produce a weird fruity kind of flavor that's not appealing. It also seems that no amount of cleaners/sanitizers/etc. will get that stuff out of a better bottle. I've had it infect several beers after placing into that particular better bottle.

Back