Thanks to HBT, Revvy, YooperBrew, Llazy_Llama, and others

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

webnmar

Reaction score
I just finished bottling my third batch. I made a Mr. Beer kit "May The Schwarz Bier With You" and it had been in primary for 4 weeks. I sampled it for FG, 1.012 ...... a quick taste, yummy ...... and racked to bottling bucket with carbing corn sugar. When I finished filling my planned bottles, I had about 6 oz still left. I poured it into a glass and drank away.

This beer wasn't carbed yet, hasn't conditioned, wasn't chilled ..... and yet, tasted as close to a SA Black Lager as I could imagine making. Wow it was great and I can't wait for 3 weeks at 70 + probably 3-4 more weeks of conditioning.

I couldn't have don't it, certainly not by batch number 3, without all the help from this site, Revvy, Yooperbrew, Llazy_LLama, and many others on this electronic encyclopedia of Home Brewing Heaven!! :mug:

Thanks to all of you, I hope to have many more posts and hopefully better questions in as my addiction grows. :ban:

Congrats.

Start saving up money now, because you're probably going to spend a grand in the next 6 months to feed the addiction. After 9 partial extracts and 5 AG batches, I was ready to go to a full blown HERMS rig and kegerator. Washing bottles gets old real quick.

You sir, are quite welcome. I'm very glad to hear you beer turned out well, and thrilled to hear that it turned out close to a commercial brew that you like! Considering that it's your third brew, that's amzing. Considering that it's your third brew and that it's a Mr Beer kit, that's like winning the lottery. In three weeks when it's carbed, I hope you enjoy the hell out of that beer!

:mug:

The real trouble will be waiting now. I plan on actually waiting 7 weeks, if I can. I have a party on 19 May that I hope to crack some open for.

Awesum! I was going to name a future batch "Liquid Schwartz" in honor of my all-time favorite movie. With a label that resembles the can of emergency fuel in the film.

(after 3 glasses of Apfelwein)- We've gone to plaid!!!!
And congrats on the awesome brew!! Your on your way to helping others here too.

Back