Thanks, I guess....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hou_me

Reaction score
So most of my friends have been converted over to craft beer, but there's still a few holdouts that bring their BMC to my house and then drink my homebrew and leave their crappy beer behind. I'm happy for them to drink my homebrew, but I'd rather they keep their BMC. It just ends up sitting in the fridge taking up space. Anyone else's friends do this? What do you do with all that extra beer? We usually save it for whenever the next BMC drinker comes over because it seems a shame to pour it out, but frankly I'd rather have the fridge space. What do y'all do?

-ben

Sometimes I cook with it...

It's not a terrible substitute for water in a recipe. ;)

Too much beer isn't a bad problem to have. Take it out of the fridge and throw it in the pantry until the next time you plan on serving it.

You can't keep a can or three cold and leave the others at room temp? If a bmc drinker should come by you have a few cold ones and can just throw a few more in.

Or you could do what a couple of brewers did here in sweden a while back. They entered a beer in the 'innovations' category where budweiser was used as mash water :)

I just suck it up and drink it. It's not my favorite beer by any stretch of the imagination, but I'll always drink a free beer.

Exactly. Beer is beer, and free beer is free beer. It may not be my favorite, it may be boring and flavorless, but I'd rather drink free BMC than water, so I drink it.

Over Spring/Summer when neighborhood cookouts are more frequent, I just bring it on over and let the masses have it. I have no issue with people drinking beer that I think is gross. I don't yuck people's yum.

I will definitely admit that it is a good problem to have, but I'm not gonna choke down a beer that I don't like just because it's there. Even my alcoholism isn't that desperate. Lol!

So 100,000 Internet Points will get awarded to the most creative answer about what to do with unwanted leftover BMC.

-ben

So most of my friends have been converted over to craft beer, but there's still a few holdouts that bring their BMC to my house and then drink my homebrew and leave their crappy beer behind. I'm happy for them to drink my homebrew, but I'd rather they keep their BMC. It just ends up sitting in the fridge taking up space. Anyone else's friends do this? What do you do with all that extra beer? We usually save it for whenever the next BMC drinker comes over because it seems a shame to pour it out, but frankly I'd rather have the fridge space. What do y'all do?

-ben

I whip the cans at their car as they are leaving.

Re-label the bottles and serve it to the ones that brought it the next time. Or do what I used to with Molson's. Drink 5 or 6 good beers, by then it won't matter. My first room mate also had Molson's so I learned to adapt. Besides we were usually always broke back then.

If you're in to any kind of sports or workout regimen, it makes an excellent sports drink. Unless we're talking High Life.

It is actually really good for cooking. Use it where you would use white wine, chicken broth, or water. Don't boil rice or pasta in it. If you like chili, sub a full beer in place of one cup of water in your favorite chili. I use Shiner Bock in mine, but I have used lower grade stuff in a pinch.

F it... Drink it. It's not like it's the fat girl you boned and your friends are never gonna let you live it down if they find out. I'll still smash a BMC if I'm in a pinch or just want something like... Though I'm not buying it

Since its mostly pilsner and adjuncts, use it as a base to make a sour beer. Mash at about 154F, 5 lbs of munich, 1/2 lb each caramunich, special b, wheat, and vienna, 60 min boil, 1 oz EKG at 60 min, add the cold BMC after the boil, it will help with the chill, toss in some WY Rosalare blend and wait 6-12 months. If it sucks, pour it on the compost. If its any good serve it to the BMC drinkers.

Last edited:
I cellar it for 4-5 years and then post a ridonkulous video on YouTube of me drinking it which, not unlike a run on sentence, cascades into what seems to be a pyramid scheme of even more ridonkulous videos and me begging all of my internet friends and acquaintances to watch & "like" my videos of jackassery and complete nonsense to, at some extent, validate my slightly overinflated ego and hopefully provide a chuckle while mocking other people that review beer in an over animated and over descriptive way.

F it... Drink it. It's not like it's the fat girl you boned and your friends are never gonna let you live it down if they find out. I'll still smash a BMC if I'm in a pinch or just want something like... Though I'm not buying it

Who told you about her? That was a long time ago...... lol

-ben

I drink them and give them away. We've all drank a natty ice or red dog in our past. Enjoy the flavor of a flavorless beer. And let the friends enjoy some real brew!

I love it, and am glad to have it when they leave it behind! We do not discriminate when it comes to beer in my house. Heck, I brew an American Light Lager pretty often anyway, so if nothing else it's for taste comparison.

I have 2 12-pack bud lights sitting in my kitchen that I took out of my fridge due to it taking space. My bro-in-law who works for AB brought them to me. I even tried to give them away to my cousin, but he "forgot" to take them home with him.

-ben

Use it to do hop experiments. Make hop teas from hops you are interested in and put it in the BMC...it will give you a pretty good idea of the hop character.

I have left over BMC beers of all variety sitting from the summer months. I just visited the family cottage and brought about 50 cans of this stuff up there and put it in the fridge. Other visitors will drink it before I get up there next. If not we like to play beer games up at the cottage. Bong, play beer pong and flip cup up there. The fridge will be emptied by the next big cottage event.

Back