Thanks HBT!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blasterooni

PIpe line is now well established
Reaction score
Well... I started brewing hard cider back in June, almost purely by accident. I'm now drinking my third batch, and I am very happy to say that they all have come out from pretty good, to great, to "I'm naming and keeping this recipe" (the "Lisa Jo" because of its very "fruit forward", to use a wine term loosely, character that my wife really loves). I have gained so much knowledge from this website, which in turn has become an experience, and I have to thank all of you here, and quite likely no longer here, as many posts were created by folks whose last post was from way back when, for helping me create some tasty ciders over the last few months with more on the way. Tomorrow I will bottling another small batch (1 gallon), but this is already perfect as it is, so I am going straight from secondary to bottle with no bottle carbing, and its too small of a batch to keg carb. If it aint broke, don't fix it :)

Right now I am drinking a very dry, bottled conditioned and carbonated cider from EC-1118 (FG 0.998-ish). The carbonation was completed in 7 days, and is perfect in my opinion. There is still a bit of apple taste left behind even though it underwent a vigorous fermentation in higher than suitable temperatures in my top floor, hot apartment. This one was fermented prior to having a mini fridge and temperature controller that I found on the "Homebrewing Deals" thread, the inkbird ITC-308, for a nice price.

I am enjoying the process on daily basis as I learn more each day from the posts here on HBT. Its funny that damn near every question I search for answers for on Dr. Google, I end up back here some how. Pretty damn cool.

Skal!
Matt from Oakland, Ca

Back