Quantcast

Thank You all

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

2nd Street Brewery

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 26, 2005
Messages
1,192
Reaction score
3
Location
Castleton NY
I was sittning here getting all my equipment ready for tomorrows brew day and I thought I would put out a thank you to all who have been helpful in my persuit of homebrewing.
TxBrew for hosting this great old forum.
homebrew_99, Rhoobarb,DeRoux's Broux, desertBrew,ORRELSE & Sam75
Thanks for all the help, You guys are a fountain of knowledge and I can't wait to move on to all grain.
To everyone else
Thanks for making me feel at home here. This is a great forum and I love coming back every day.

I had been trying to figure out what to post to get me to 100 and senior membership. Figured this was a good way to do it.
 

kneemoe

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2005
Messages
91
Reaction score
0
Location
latham, ny
post padding?! i cant believe it!!
lol
anyway - yer not too far away from albany/latham area right? i've been working on getting my equiptment up to AG standards, shoot me an email or PM or something and maybe we could work it out to brew some batches together until we both get all our gear straight.... just a thought
dan w
 

El Pistolero

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 29, 2005
Messages
3,584
Reaction score
16
Location
Houston
2nd Street Brewery said:
I was sittning here getting all my equipment ready for tomorrows brew day and I thought I would put out a thank you to all who have been helpful in my persuit of homebrewing.
TxBrew for hosting this great old forum.
homebrew_99, Rhoobarb,DeRoux's Broux, desertBrew,ORRELSE & Sam75
Thanks for all the help, You guys are a fountain of knowledge and I can't wait to move on to all grain.
To everyone else
Thanks for making me feel at home here. This is a great forum and I love coming back every day.
In a brief moment of semi-lucidity, let me just 2nd what 2nd Street said (would that be 4th?) and add thanks to Sudster, and Sasquatch, and Janx, and Rhoobarb, and dozens of other gonzo gurus of the demon drink. Thanks guys (sniff, sniff) you taught me to brew. :cool:
 

Eskram

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2005
Messages
132
Reaction score
0
Location
FL
I've only brewed 3 batches so far, but I've certainly learned quite a bit here.

Thanks. :)

*joins group hug*
 

SwAMi75

Banned
Joined
Mar 6, 2005
Messages
2,458
Reaction score
10
Location
Midwest City, OK
Hey, most of what I know I learned here, and from ORRELSE. Quite a bit of knowledge on the "green board" and in books as well. The more I get into this, the more I realize I've got a helluva lot to learn. I do appreciate the compliment....I like to help my fellow brewers as much as I can.
 
OP
2nd Street Brewery

2nd Street Brewery

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 26, 2005
Messages
1,192
Reaction score
3
Location
Castleton NY
Yup, I'm thinking of all you as I sit here, sipping a homebrew and cooking up another. One more in the primary, and I just ordered the gear for a Belgian Abbey Ale. Going for an Ommegang thing for my step daughter-The Marine- for Christmas. This will give me 3 carboys and only 1 primary bucket. I need more stuff. Looking to start kegging, then GASP all grain by next year.
Life is good. :cool:
 

Rhoobarb

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
3,553
Reaction score
20
Location
Gainesville
Damn, ya made me dilute my brew with a tear ...
Isn't there a Hank Williams, Jr. song to that effect? "Thar's a Tear... in mah beer!..."

This is a great place. I visit and post here more often than any other 'beer' related site! Thanks to everyone here. If it weren't for you all, I might never have gotten the cajones to make the step to all-grain brewing.
 

Toilet Rocker

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2005
Messages
846
Reaction score
14
Location
near Asbury Park
This is one place where I've learned more than any other place. Charlie's book and the other's are great, but it's the ability to interact and get solid answers from such experienced brewers that makes this place cool. Thanks guys.

I think Ron and Fez would call this thread "Chuch and Buck." :)
 

Dude

Well-Known Member
Lifetime Supporter
Joined
Jan 15, 2005
Messages
8,768
Reaction score
120
Location
Ramstein-Miesenbach
gaelone said:
This is one place where I've learned more than any other place. Charlie's book and the other's are great, but it's the ability to interact and get solid answers from such experienced brewers that makes this place cool. Thanks guys.

Yep. I read all those books before my first batch, but until you see it in person you really don't know squat. Then of course getting on here and asking the "tough" questions. Is my beer ruined? LOL....Yep, I asked those questions BIG TIME.
And like Sam said--I have a TON to learn. I frequent the big "Green board" too. I feel like a total nOOb there. Some very knowledgeable brewers over there, but sometimes TOO good I think. Almost to the point where they make brewing not fun, you know?
That's why I love this board. No A-holes (in fact the A-hole factor is an all-time low on this forum) and quite a few cool people that don't take themselves too seriously. Thumbs up peeps.
 

JillC25

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2005
Messages
133
Reaction score
0
Location
NJ
I only started brewing this summer- but I absolutely LOVE it. I don't know what it is about the satisfaction of a home brew, but it is so much better than the beer I have been so used to drinking.

My boyfriend is starting to call me the bubba gump of beer- You got your barley wine, english bitter, porter, imperial stout, pilsner, weizen, fruit beers, bock, helles & dunkel, IPA.......

Cheers!
 

Rhoobarb

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
3,553
Reaction score
20
Location
Gainesville
JillC25 said:
... My boyfriend is starting to call me the bubba gump of beer....
“Ah may not be a suh-mart mayan, but I know whut good beer is, Jen-nay.”
 

SwAMi75

Banned
Joined
Mar 6, 2005
Messages
2,458
Reaction score
10
Location
Midwest City, OK
JillC25 said:
I only started brewing this summer- but I absolutely LOVE it. I don't know what it is about the satisfaction of a home brew, but it is so much better than the beer I have been so used to drinking.

My boyfriend is starting to call me the bubba gump of beer- You got your barley wine, english bitter, porter, imperial stout, pilsner, weizen, fruit beers, bock, helles & dunkel, IPA.......

Cheers!
Actually, that would be Benjamin Beauford "Bubba" Blue. :D

"You can mash it, sparge it, lauter it, boil it, hop it, rack it, prime it, bottle it, keg it, carb it.....":D
 

Rhoobarb

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
3,553
Reaction score
20
Location
Gainesville
Hell, nuthin' goes better with shrimp than beer! Come to think about it, nuthin' is better to boil or steam shrimp in than beer! :D
 

BlightyBrewer

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2005
Messages
707
Reaction score
1
Location
Leicestershire, UK
You guys crack me up! :D

I'd also like to say a big thanks from across the pond to all of you on this forum...great advice and a great laugh...makes beer even more fun!

However I shall refrain from any form of sentimentality because I am British, and my upper lip has been thoroughly starched (nervously adjusts bowler hat and straightens handkerchief in top pocket...)
 
Top