TGIF and a Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chicago1948

Reaction score
Just finished bottling, turned up the Pink Floyd, and cracked a Regenboog Vuuve (so so), so my day is going well.

The question. I bottled Cream of Three Crops. Made it exactly like the recipe and my OG was 1.050. My final was 1.004. Besides the fact that set a personal record for efficiency what will this thing taste like? I calculated it at over 6% abv and it is supposed to be a light cream ale. Any idea why this happened? Just curious.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f62/cream-three-crops-cream-ale-66503/

That's 92% attenuation! I find it hard to believe that's accurate. My first guess is that you got a bad reading. Either your hydrometer is way off, broken, or your beer retained a lot of CO2 in the fermentor (happens to me sometimes, I just let it sit for 20 min with occational stirring). Check those things then get back to us. I think if it really is 1.004 it'll be very very thin and watery but with flavor.

Well, according to the original poster of that recipe, his final gravity was the same as yours, but his original gravity was lower (1.040). from his comments, he designed this to be dry, light, easy to drink and to satisfy the bud drinking crowd. Sounds to me like you're on target! Relax, etc!

Cheers!

Jim

Latest posts

Back