Tested first beer last night

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saltybp

Reaction score
Well, I figure is customary to post about your first beer so.....
AHS Coffee malt Stout
1 week primary, 2 week secondary, 1 week bottle (I know, this was just a test)

Refrigerated for 3 hours

Opening the bottle had a little hiss, no foam on the pour, no head. There was actually a little bit of carbonation but for the most part flat. I would say equivalent to a beer that was poured into a glass an hour ago.

Overall it tasted OK, not great. I didn't get any hints of coffee flavor, and it seemed slightly syrupy tasting.

I will crack another next week to see the difference.
Bill

Awesome, Congrats... I'd give it a month or two for the coffee flavors to come together and the beer to come around!

Ya like murray said I would give it a month or 2 before I would even sample it again. If you want a beer that is going to be ready to drink in 3 weeks try brewing a hefe

Im in no rush at all. I usually drink 1 or 2 beers a week so I figure I can sample it through all the different stages.

i'd also pop it in the fridge atleast 24 hours before drinking. this will help the beer absorb some of the CO2 thats in the headspace.

otherwise, congrats on your first beer!

Hi,
I sampled another beer last night. So thats 2 weeks in the bottle. Total of 5 weeks old. The beer was carbonated and had a head although it didn’t last very long. As far as flavor goes all I can say is WOW. I am now a believer.
Its like only ever eating over cook frozen burgers from the grill and going to fine dining filet.

Back