• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Temperature Controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

finsfan

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am looking for either the Northern Brewer digital controller or a Johnson controller to use on my spare fridge. It needs to be fairly new and in working condition. I do want to wire anything, but instead be able to plug it in and be working. Please let me know if you have something to part with. I could make a payment through paypal or we could even do a trade and I could send you beer in return. thanks in advance!

I am looking for either the Northern Brewer digital controller or a Johnson controller to use on my spare fridge. It needs to be fairly new and in working condition. I do want to wire anything, but instead be able to plug it in and be working. Please let me know if you have something to part with. I could make a payment through paypal or we could even do a trade and I could send you beer in return. thanks in advance!

I know this isn't the brand you're looking for, but it is a great price for a fully-wired 2 stage temp controller: http://www.risendeadbrewing.com/product-p/temcon.htm

So the pictures that they show arent customers who have wired them but the actual product that would be shipped if I choose to do the assembled option? If so I may have to jump on this ASAP. Thanks for the link

damn i will probably order this very soon, thanks for the heads up guys I really appreciate it!

damn i will probably order this very soon, thanks for the heads up guys I really appreciate it!

Did you end up ordering one of the temperature controllers from risendead?

I did. I ordered one for my ferm chamber. I guess I overlooked the fine print at the bottom of the page. It is not a dual stage controller. I guess I thought it was the same as the popular STC 1000 everyone here uses. It's not. It will control heating OR cooling, but not at the same time. :(

Did you end up ordering one of the temperature controllers from risendead?

I did. I ordered one for my ferm chamber. I guess I overlooked the fine print at the bottom of the page. It is not a dual stage controller. I guess I thought it was the same as the popular STC 1000 everyone here uses. It's not. It will control heating OR cooling, but not at the same time. :(

yeah I did and im not very happy about that. I will use for the time being since my basement is about 57 degrees so hopefully just using the heater inside will do the trick. I think im going to order the stc1000 sometime soon tho and just switch out controllers but use the same box. Hopefully it is not too difficult

yeah I did and im not very happy about that. I will use for the time being since my basement is about 57 degrees so hopefully just using the heater inside will do the trick. I think im going to order the stc1000 sometime soon tho and just switch out controllers but use the same box. Hopefully it is not too difficult

I don't know how I could have overlooked that controller not being dual stage. I'm not real happy about my purchase either, but I guess it's my fault. This will work for now but I too will probably swap out an STC 1000 sometime.

My neighbor made the same mistake. I ordered the right one off amazon for 21 bucks and spent 22 bucks on parts to make a nice dual stage controller.
I have an extra Digital Ranco single stage controller all wired up if anybody wanted it for 40.00

20131123_113105.jpg

Back