Temp port for 15 gallon kettles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ndinh

Reaction score
So I'm treating myself this xmas to a new higher end kettle. I put an order already for the 15 gallon brewers hardware BK with the 2 outlets + tangential inlet. I got an email back from them saying that the temp port will be too high for 5 gallon batches (6-7 gallon pre boil). I've only done 5 gallon batches and will probably stick to that for awhile mainly because I'm the only drinker in my house. So basically, I may have to back out of this deal because I believe all their kettles are pre welded. Does anyone know of a good kettle...i.e. Stout, Blichman, etc. where the temp port is low enough for 5 gal brews? I don't want to go any smaller because I like the large headspace and who knows, I may do 10 gallon batches in the future. I'm currently using a Polarware 15 gal and the temp port is fine but I'm just not crazy about the large width to height ratio. Thx.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back