temp controller for chest freezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the wiring diagram I finished mine and it works perfectly. Did it with two outlets.
But I am having issue's understanding the programming of temp and limits etc.

:thumbup:

1398952233959.jpg

To enter the settings dialog, press and hold the SET key for 3 seconds. Then press the up or down arrows to enter the various functions. Once you have selected the function, F00 for example, press SET again to adjust the settings for that function, cooling differential in this case. Adjust to the desired setting and pres SET again to move back to select the next function you would like to change. Once you have completed your changes, you can either do nothing and the controller will go back to normal operation with the saved changes, or you can press RST to return to normal operation.

Hope that helps. If you're still having any problems, post what it is exactly you are trying to adjust and we'll get you pointed in the right direction.

TY. what should F03 & F04 be?. I am trying to hold temp at 64°. And how many min. Is best for delay.

DP

I have owned a Johnson Controls analog temperature controller for over 15 years so I can attest to its durability. Currently I use it on my fermentation chest freezer and it is still rock solid.
uvzp.jpg

I have also used a digital Johnson Controls A419 controller on my keezer since last July and it is similarly reliable and a bit more flexible. I would recommend it if you are looking for plug and play and don't mind spending about $85.
cjjv.jpg

I want to buy a small chest freezer for long term wine aging so in preparation for that I built a controller using a project box and STC-1000 I bought on Amazon for less than $19. It wasn't difficult to do, cost maybe $25 total, and worked fine when I tested it on my fermentation freezer.

It is not a big deal but the STC displays in Celsius and since I think in Fahrenheit I had to print and tape a conversion chart to my project box like it appears bigken did.

As for the a419, anything in particular to set it up or is it plug and play? I recently acquired one and want to lager.

Reeberom = Morebeer

As for the a419, anything in particular to set it up or is it plug and play? I recently acquired one and want to lager.

Reeberom = Morebeer

Plug-and-play. Just enter your desired setting parameters (temperature Set-Point, allowed temp variance, auto-start delay, etc) and go.

TY. what should F03 & F04 be?. I am trying to hold temp at 64°. And how many min. Is best for delay.

DP

Set F03 to the minimum temperature you would use and F04 to the max. If memory serves me correct, I set min temp to 37 and max to 80. A bit on the far ends of what I would use, but it's there if I want it. As for the delay, I just leave it at 3.

Hopefully, this will help out:
WiringDiagram.jpg

Hey there sdgenxr, I recently acquired the RC-310M but mine comes with 8 ports, would you have any idea how to wire this up? I'm a bit confused and I know this is an old thread but you seem to be the only person here that has a lot of experience with this.

Here is the wiring diagram on the product itself. I'm worried I might do something wrong with the wiring and don't wanna risk it.
1Uw3ubF.jpg

I think it's also worth mentioning that our plugs in my country are all 220v as compared to 110 in most US products.

Back