Teaching others brewing/AG

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan

Reaction score
I had a friend come over a month or so ago, he wanted to learn how to brew. he's been making wine for years. so we went though an AG brew day, he jumped in went and got a 5 gallon starter extract kit. he's made a few extract batches then this past saturday i had him over again (he had ordered an AG kit and wanted to watch again) and some other guys came over who were intersted...not to the point they want to brew but just wanted to see it done. it was also the first time i've done two batches in a day. wow...was it a long day. but i had two smooth brew sessions, people came and went as they please, we drank some beer out of my keezer and had a great time. i normally like brewing alone, but it was nice to have others around for a change. to top it off my buddy who i've shown a few times how to brew got me a great book called "the homebrewers garden". since i'm growing hops this year i should probably read up on it more!

I feel your pain.

I typically do two brews a day AG and do 60-75 min mashes and 90 min boils always so from start to finish it takes roughly 12 hours due to travel time to where i brew, conditioning and crushing the grain, measuring out mineral/nutrient/hop additions, and the actual brewing. We only utilize one burner so we cannot start up another mash while the boil is going on another brew which makes for a long day. Typically on a brew day I wake up at 5:30AM and do not get home and pitch yeast until 6PM.

Back