Tasted My First Beer!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pipi22

Reaction score
I am new to this hobby and started with an Irish Stout. I just tasted it today after a few weeks in the bottle and it is great! Homebrewed beer is awesome! Can't wait to make some more. I have a pumpkin ale going now. Man I hope that comes out as good as the stout did.

Woohoo for homebrew!!!!!!!

Pipi22 said:
I am new to this hobby and started with an Irish Stout. I just tasted it today after a few weeks in the bottle and it is great!
You waited a few weeks to taste your first? That is incredible patience for your first homebrew...mine's three weeks in the bottle today, and I think it's almost half gone already. :cool: So what recipe did you use for your stout?

Welldone to you buddy. My first batches are not anything that I wish to really ponder on. They are good/harsh learning experiences though and the satisfaction you get from doing a batch correctly makes this hobby a worthy investment. Cheers

Congrats Pipi.

Question: you have a pumpkin ale going now? Where did you manage to find a pumpkin? I'm itching to start one up, but didn't think there'd be any around yet.

Depending on the spices used your Pumpkin beer MAY have to age a couple of weeks or months to mellow.

I made some for last years Turkey Day. Well, it wasn't ready. In fact, it wasn't even ready on Christmas. It's ready now. Go figure.

I actually got the pumpkin at a local food market that we have here every friday. I actually went down to the brew store and picked up another carboy and happened to pass the market and thought I would stop by and look. Well, there was the pumpkin, so I bought it. I couldn't find any in any nation chain stores though.

I was planning on letting it age at least until turkey day. I was really happy to find a pumpkin so early. Maybe it will be ready for November....hopefully. Can't wait to try it though. It smelled awesome when I was making it. Thanks to everyone for your encouragements!

Back