Tasted my first beer tonight

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas_Red

Reaction score
Last weekend I bottled my first beer. It was a hefeweizen extract kit. I know its only been in the bottle for a week, but I just couldnt wait to taste it. So I popped one in the fridge a couple of hours ago and just poured a glass. I have to say I am very happy with it. Even my wife was impressed. We will see how it is over the next week.

Hopefully my next one will be even better. I think I am hooked. I am already eyeing the stuff to make all grain batches.

Write that date down! Congrats Tex. Hefeweizen is an easy brew to make. It's easier even from your own recipe and not a kit. Welcome to the fold my friend. All-grain is not that hard either. Have fun and keep brewing.

I like wheat beers, gonna brew up a batch someday. You will have to get another batch in the works right away 'cuz that first batch will go fast if you are already enjoying it. The taste gets better the longer it stands and you will need backup. Hey, Houston! I used to live way east of there in Orange, heart of the Golden Triangle. I know how hot it gets down there, so I hope you got plans to brew and condition in the summer. Good luck with all your brewing.

And to think, the beer is most likely to be better in a couple of weeks!

I am going to say that you already have most the equipment you need for all grain. If you are using a 20 quart pot, all you need is a 5 gallon paint strainer bag, some grain, some hops, and some yeast, for doing a 3 gallon BIAB brew. A smaller fermentation vessel would be good but not necessary if you don't leave the beer in there too long.

Welcome. Get another one started!

Back