Taste

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ontap

Reaction score
I have bottle three batches of beer recently and they are all tasting the same. I can't seem to put my tongue on it (lol). The oldest batch has been bottled two months with plenty of carbonation but when the smell seems fine but the taste is either tinny or very bitter. The beer is a blonde so the it's not suppose to be that bitter. I drank half a bottle and stirred the rest to get rid of the carbonation, this seem to get rid of a lot of the harsh taste but there is still a little off flavour.
There seems to be twice as much carbonation as a BMC, and I was wondering if the extra bubbles on the tongue make it seem like there is extra bitterness.
Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Canadian brewers!

It sounds like your beer is over carbed and you are tasting "Carbonic Bite".
Too much co2 will give it a harsh taste.
What carbing method are you using and if natural how much priming sugar per 5G and if Force, what PSI ?

Over carbonation can cause a Tinny flavour.

flavrwhl.gif

Thanks, I've been using 3/4 cup of corn sugar/ 5gal batch. I was told by my LHBS this was standard.

Back