Tardis to be kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Strasni

Reaction score
First of all respect to you all!
I’m coming to this forum for about a year now and most of my homebrew ideas are actually borrowed here.
So after 10 batches bottled I finally decided to upgrade to kegging.
Because I did not want just an old fridge (SWMBO also would not tolerate it) I decidet to build a Tardis (Its bigger on the inside).
First design: chamber with mini fridge guts inside.
xked.jpg

That failed after I successfully ruined my mini fridge while cutting it apart (luckily it was free).
So plan B was to buy a build in fridge and build a closet which will hold the fridge with 2 kegs and in a separate chamber the co2 tank (it will still be a Tardis when it’s finished).
njm8.jpg

So after purchasing the kegs, CO2 tank and some other stuf the build has started:
Test assembly to see if all the parts are there. I ordered the wood already cut to spec, but the color is a bit of (online shopping)
vp4w.jpg

Sloppy STC build in
zii5.jpg

Cutting the wedges
ma73.jpg

Gluing the tower
s2y6.jpg

the cabinet
ab0d.jpg

Hole for the tubing
x4s9.jpg

j7s3.jpg

Inside the fridge some cooper tubing to pull the cold in to the tower
ukxr.jpg

l1sm.jpg

Almost there…, but not quite operational
x9gd.jpg

Wiring the stc while drinking the first pour. Probably not the best idea...
2zfd.jpg

It works!
u00l.jpg

Now all it needs is a paint job.... after New Year.

I already have a kegerator and a fermentation chamber. Most new brewing equipment makes its way into the house with slight dissapproval from my girlfriend but when I showed this to her she replied, "I'll help you build that". Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

It might be fun to have it slightly built into a wall, but protruding a few feet from the back, so that it actually *is* larger on the inside. :D

That is awesome! I want to build just a TARDIS dispenser, but the dispenser is on the inside. You open the door to the TARDIS and put your mug inside, pull the knob and fill up your mug.

Still no updates? At this point I think the OP accidentally built a functional tardis and manage to travel his way through time and is no longer with us. We won't see a post from him for a few thousand years.

Back