Taps getting hot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sadu

Reaction score
Lately we have been getting some real hot weather (28c or so) and my taps are pouring 90% foam on the first pour. The second pour is good once the taps are cold.
Any tricks to somehow heat sinking the inside of the taps to conduct some cold through to the outside? Its a kegerator with taps in the door and I already have fairly long shanks.

^^ that'll probably do it. But you'll have sweaty taps (assuming it's humid outside) and you'll likely build up ice inside your freezer. My experience.

He did say kegerator (not keezer). so sweaty taps yes. But fan use also depends on if basic dorm fridge style kegerator or full size fridge conversion.

Does anyone have a link to good, cheap, and easy to hook up fan for a dorm fridge type kegerator? I need on both for that and for the dorm fridge fermentation chamber.

Ive got one from Jodel products... It has a flexible hose you put up in the tower wont help with taps in the door though.. im actually surprised you having this issue

What inside diameter and length are the beer lines?

Cheers!

Beer lines are 4mm ID and 1m long. I got them balanced by someone way smarter than me and they have been working great all winter.

It's a regular fridge-freezer with holes drilled in the door. I made sure I got 140mm shanks that would hopefully conduct a bit more cold into the taps, but doesn't seem to be enough.

Back