Taprite regulator, to washer or not to washer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VegasBrew1

Reaction score
That's the question. Be it nobler in the mind to suffer the outrageous CO2 leaks, or get it right the first time?

But truly, I like to do my homework (at least regarding brewing and drinking beer). Normally I can sift through the detritus and figure out what's correct. But it seems 50/50 regarding installation of a washer between the co2 tank and the regulator. Something about a "quad seal or ring" and none is required. What do you folks with experience suggest? My stuff will be arriving 2morrow, but my next batch won't be ready to keg for about a week. So no pressure (pun intended). Besides, they're used kegs. I'll have to clean 'em. Thanks brewers, cheers. :confused:

The regulator should come with an o-ring installed at the tank connector. Personally I just went with the o-ring and it seals up fine, no leaks here.

image.jpg

If it has the rubber washer as pictured above, and as mine has, then you DO NOT use a washer. The instructions clearly state this. I've had zero problems with mine. I LOVE my Taprite Dual gauge regulator and my TapRite 3 product secondary regular btw. :)

Rev.

Thank you gentlemen. Much appreciated. I'm trying to minimize errors, though I know there will be a learning curve. As this is my first time kegging. Cheers all.

Back