Taprite dual CO2 regulator troubleshooting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

I have this new dual regulator from Taprite. I used only one so far in the last month. Now I'm trying to hookup a second keg and nothing flows out of the second shutoff valve. I tried with and without a CO2 line. Nothing. The other one works fine.

Am I missing something? I can read the pressure on the gauge, but nothing happens when I open the valve. I tried unscrewing the adjustment nut, cycle through it. Still nothing.

20210225_144342.jpg

When you turn clockwise, does the reading on the pressure gauge increase?

If so, my guess is a bad shutoff valve. Try swapping the shutoff valves with each other and see if the problem moves to the other regulator.

Don't need to swap the valves, just close the cylinder, remove the suspect valve, then crack the cylinder open.

If you get flow, I would suspect there's a spring-loaded check-valve inside the shut-off valve that's stuck closed. Should be able to inspire the ball to move with a thin probe...

Cheers!

Thanks for the answers! I would definitely do that. But I saw some kind of cement or locktite on it and I thought I should contact the store to have their opinion before I crack it open and void any warranty. I'll post back when I have news.

Ok so apparently, the ball was stuck. He told me to use massive pressure to get it unstuck. Ive put it to 40 then open the valve. It kinda worked. Then he told me to put oil. Now I got a flow but not much pressure.

Full was middle of the green zone. I kegged three beers so far and wasted a bit trying to figure this thing out lol. I guess I should be half full. I had plenty of pressure on the second one when I checked it yesterday.

if that high pressure guage drops at all, the tank is empty...or nearly. it means all the liquid is gone which stays at a constant pressure...

I kept it in the fridge for the last three weeks. I order bulkheads so I can keep it out. Coming in this Monday! Does it ever stop? Will I ever be done? I spend more time shopping than brewing!

Update. Oiling didn't quite unstuck it completely. I yanked a small screwdriver in there and it clicked and clocked it into place. Working fine now.

Back