Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wickedbeernut

Reaction score
Kegtron Wireless Keg Monitors will be for sale on the open market by the first week of December,

It's time to integrate Kegtron with the beautiful Taplist.io digital beer menu,

Taplist.io is currently supported on the Raspberry Pi 3. A Raspberry Pi 3 has the BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) support needed to communicate with the Kegtron Wireless Keg Monitor. Steve @ Kegtron has pledged to support this integration effort.

If you'd be interested in the marriage of Taplist.io and Kegtron, please post to the Taplist.io Community,

The proposed Taplist.io API would be agnostic to the specific level-sensing methodology and consequently, would support other sensors / controllers.

Joe

I’m interested!! Any ballpark pricing though? This may go on the list for Christmas but cost is definitely a concern...

Edit: I run a 3 tap system in a small countertop kegerator

With regards to Taplist.io keg level support, Mikey posted to the Taplist.io community forum today,

I haven’t forgotten! :yes: … Stay tuned.

That's great news!

Joe

At the moment, Taplist.io is free. In conjunction with Kegtron, Taplist.io will most likely run on a $35 Raspberry Pi 3.

I'm not sure what a Kegtron keg monitor will retail for. If you look at the Kegtron Kickstarter, backers pledging $125 received a single keg monitor and backers pledging $189 received (or will receive shortly) a dual keg monitor. I'm assuming (could be wrong) the Kegtron keg monitors will retail in this ballpark. Maybe Steve @ Kegtron will chime in.

Joe

Hey Joe,

Thanks for the pro-bono marketing! :)

After many months of hard work Kegtron should be available for open-market sale late this month or early December. Pricing will be $150 for the single keg monitor and $240 for the dual. This is higher than our Kickstarter backer price, however we've been hit square on the chin with the recent 25% China import tariffs.

Anyhow, we're really excited to get things out in people's hands. The best source of info is our newsletter should anyone be eager to get the latest.

As for Taplist.io - it sure is a beautiful UI and we'd love to support it if we get the green light from the creator.

Cheers,
Steve @ Kegtron

Hey Joe,

Thanks for the pro-bono marketing! :)

After many months of hard work Kegtron should be available for open-market sale late this month or early December. Pricing will be $150 for the single keg monitor and $240 for the dual. This is higher than our Kickstarter backer price, however we've been hit square on the chin with the recent 25% China import tariffs.

Anyhow, we're really excited to get things out in people's hands. The best source of info is our newsletter should anyone be eager to get the latest.

As for Taplist.io - it sure is a beautiful UI and we'd love to support it if we get the green light from the creator.

Cheers,
Steve @ Kegtron

Any update on Taplist integration or plans to just update the Kegtron UI?

Back